Starrett Buyer Says Plan 'Evolving'

A spokeswoman for Clipper Equity, the would-be buyer of Starrett City that saw the state reject its takeover plan last week, objected to the notion that the deal is dead.

“The plan is and had been evolving,” Clipper spokeswoman Lisa Linden told The Real Estate on Monday afternoon. “We are involved in a process. We are responding to the concerns of Secretary Jackson, Senator Schumer, Mayor Bloomberg, DHCR, Attorney General Cuomo and Congressman Towns. Responding to tenant concerns is also part of the process. Clipper Equity is in this to stay.”

Whew! That’s a lot of people to respond to!

- Matthew Schuerman