Good God, is it Fashion Week again already? However did this happen?
In today’s salmon sheet:
- Meredith Bryan meets rising designer Chris Benz, who’s somehow making a name for himself without clothing big tacky celebrities (though he does know a few demi-socialites).
- Simon Doonan mourns the closing of The Noose, a kinky sex shop in Chelsea, wondering if it’s somehow connected to the mainstreaming of sartorial sadomasochism.
- David Foxley meets Sudanese mannequin Alek Wek near the top of the Empire State building, resulting in an intense case of vertigo.
- Spencer Morgan deconstructs the millinery efforts of socialte Arden Wohl’s mother, Denise.
- And let’s not forget those beautiful bicycle girls—many of them, after all, are models.
Stay tuned for excited scribbles from the runways.