- Norman Mailer is still at Mount Sinai recovering after surgery to remove scar tissue from around his lung.
- Ahoy! Tony Scott will direct a new feature about Don Aronow, the inventor of the cigarette boat.
- Bette Midler will help Wicked celebrate their fourth anniversary on Broadway on Oct. 28.
- Salon’s tech writer Farhad Manjoo discusses why Bluetooth headsets are so lame. “According to the prevailing social sensibility, anyone who dares to don a BT headset out in the world is a self-important, unrefined boob.”
- Sex and marriage with robots? Sure! Rosie from The Jetsons was always kinda cute. “‘My forecast is that around 2050, the state of Massachusetts will be the first jurisdiction to legalize marriages with robots,’ artificial intelligence researcher David Levy at the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands.”
Follow Gillian Reagan via RSS.