The Financial District has been in the news a lot this week:
- First, Merrill Lynch hinted strongly that the firm would move from there to midtown.
- We wondered what that would do to the Hotel Pennsylvania.
- The Downtown Alliance had a lot to say on the move, too.
- Israel’s biggest builder bought the building at 87 Chambers, probably to build a hotel.
- And then Michael Shvo announced today he’d start selling the District’s newest condos early next month.
- We’ll be watching…
And so will others. The Observer’s print edition on Wednesday had a story by Lysandra Ohrstrom on the city’s plans to install 3,000 surveillance cameras below Canal Street.