The Metropolitan Opera has tripled the number of movie theaters presenting high-definition broadcasts of performances during the 2007-08 season after the dramatic success of its debut series of live opera transmissions last season. It also has increased the number of operas to eight from six.
The season will continue with the following operas, listed after the jump.
All curtain times listed are local. Dates of encore presentations will be announced by individual theaters:
– Humperdinck’s “Hansel and Gretel,” noon, Jan. 1. Christine Schaefer, Alice Coote; Vladimir Jurowski, conductor.
– Verdi’s “Macbeth,” 12:30 p.m., Jan. 12. Maria Guleghina; James Levine, conductor.
– Puccini’s “Manon Lescaut,” noon, Feb. 16. Karita Mattila, Marcello Giordani; Levine, conductor.
– Britten’s “Peter Grimes,” 12:30 p.m., March 15. Anthony Dean Griffey, Patricia Racette; Donald Runnicles, conductor.
– Wagner’s “Tristan und Isolde,” 11:30 a.m., March 22. Ben Heppner, Deborah Voigt; Levine, conductor.
– Puccini’s “La Boheme,” 12:30 p.m., April 5. Angela Gheorghiu, Ramon Vargas; Nicola Luisotti, conductor.
– Donizetti’s “La Fille du Regiment,” 12:30 p.m., April 26. Natalie Dessay, Juan Diego Florez; Marco Armiliato, conductor.
Tickets are on sale online or by telephone order. Visit metopera.org/hdlive or call 800-638-6737.