Medical Examiner: Heath Ledger Died of Accidental Overdose

heathledger 3 Medical Examiner: Heath Ledger Died of Accidental OverdoseThis morning, the New York medical examiner’s office confirmed that Heath Ledger’s death was caused by an accidental overdose of prescription drugs.

“Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam and doxylamine," Ellen Borakave, a spokesperson for the Office of Chief Medical Examiner said in a statement. Actress Michelle Williams, the late actor’s ex-fiancee, and their daughter, Matilda, reportedly arrived in Perth, Australia earlier today to attend Mr. Ledger’s funeral.

Comments

  1. Jst says:

    Oxycontin addiction has been growing at a pace over the last 20 years and this is largely due to over prescription of the drug – it has only become popular as a drug of abuse in the last few years. Oxycontin is a painkiller concocted from another of the opium derivatives, thebaine, and has actually been around in one form or another for nearly 100 years. Famously, actor Corey Haim is suspected to have died of oxycontin overdose.