Ever notice that the NYTimes.com most-emailed list is slanted toward an older demographic? Maybe because only folks over a certain age—like our Aunt Mabel—still use the email tool. Here’s a quick, annotated guide to what grandma and grandpa thought you might be interested in from NYTimes.com …
1. Problems with the nuns! A religious strife story that lands on A1.
2. Burgers! Again.
3. When we saw this story appear sometime around midnight last night on nytimes.com, we knew Auntie would be a fan. Student debt + lawyers. Plus, a bonafide sob story.
4. Is Aunt Mabel a closeted Canadian? You know, they do lurk! The secret Canadians persist on the list.
5. Maureen Dowd just won’t go away.
6. Just a headline for you: Is Bicycling Bad for Your Bones?
7. No more Percocet and Vicodin!
8. The Olds and medicine.
9. Master’s Degrees, student debt, etc.
Op-Ed Contributors: 3
(Note: This was a tricky day in adding things up. We credited the master’s degree story as a point for both op-ed contributors and for Education, as we did yesterday. We credited the geriatric medical practice story as both an op-ed contributor and health story).
Op-Ed contributors: 11
Follow John Koblin via RSS.