Ever notice that the NYTimes.com most-emailed list is slanted toward an older demographic? Maybe because only folks over a certain age—like our Aunt Mabel—still use the email tool. Here’s a quick, annotated guide to what Grandma and Grandpa thought you might be interested in from NYTimes.com …
1. For the record, we didn’t have one salad this weekend. Tomatoes here and there, in a sandwich, or as a side, but not a salad. And we spent our weekend at a rather nice beach house with a lovely family who would have happily served us one, but maybe they were resisting Bittman as much as we were. Also, for the record, this is the longest-running story ever at No. 1 for Mabel.
2. Yaaay, ladies!
3. There we are! A Topic for Maureen Dowd. Skip Gates, a cop and Obama.
4. Do you know what the last sentence that will ever be written in an newspaper? “Robot builds robot.” (Thanks, Sara.)
5. And a rather lengthy editorial on health care! A guaranteed lock.
7 . Bears! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!
8. We didn’t even read this. The blurb is too upsetting.
9. A little fashion Web site gets more hits than Style.com!
10. Very sad story from China.
New York: 1
Op-Ed Contributors: 15