Danny Meyer has no patience for waiterspeak. According to CNN, the five phrases Mr. Meyer never wishes to hear in his restaurants:
1. “Are we still working on the salmon?”
2. “May I bring you a bottle of mineral water or do you drink Bloomberg tap water?”
3. “It’s against our policy.”
4. “May I grind some fresh pepper for the lady?”
5. “How is everyone enjoying themselves?”
Re: #1: Remember, when you have paid for the privilege of eating your salmon, it is not “work.”
Follow Molly Fischer via RSS.