Today: The Times Book Review gets its hands on Super Sad True Love Story. According to Michael Wood, “The sheer exhilaration of the writing in this book … is itself a sort of answer to the flattened-out horrors of the world it depicts.”
Previously this summer:
- Michiko Kakutani called the book “supersad, superfunny, superaffecting.”
- Deborah Solomon asked Shteyngart some questions and did not even seem very hostile.
- The same day, Shteyngart wrote an essay for The Book Review.
- The next week an excerpt from the book ran.
- And The Times‘ Fort Greene Local blog reported that according to Shteyngart Brooklyn is “the future of books.” No need to feel excluded, outer boroughs! GARY SHTEYNGART LOVE FOR ALL.
Follow Molly Fischer via RSS.