Today: The Times Book Review gets its hands on Super Sad True Love Story. According to Michael Wood, “The sheer exhilaration of the writing in this book … is itself a sort of answer to the flattened-out horrors of the world it depicts.”
Previously this summer:
- Michiko Kakutani called the book “supersad, superfunny, superaffecting.”
- Deborah Solomon asked Shteyngart some questions and did not even seem very hostile.
- The same day, Shteyngart wrote an essay for The Book Review.
- The next week an excerpt from the book ran.
- And The Times‘ Fort Greene Local blog reported that according to Shteyngart Brooklyn is “the future of books.” No need to feel excluded, outer boroughs! GARY SHTEYNGART LOVE FOR ALL.