Vanity Fair’s New Establishment list is out today. Here we have both of New York’s broadsheet editors and no ties.
The New York Times’ Bill Keller edged out the Wall Street Journal‘s Robert Thomson at #26, but Mr. Thomson finished right behind him at #27. VF notes that Mr. Thomson never misses a chance to “skewer” The Times, which is definitely one of our favorite things about him.
Arthur Sulzberger Jr. didn’t make the cut, but there is Rupert Murdoch. Even though Mr. Murdoch’s salary is down, he’s up three spots on the list to #4.
Other notable media personalities on the list (their ranking last year is in parenthesis):
4. Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. (7)
10. John Malone, Liberty Media (21)
13. Jeff Bewkes, Time Warner (46)
14. Bob Iger, Disney (32)
21. Brian Roberts, Comcast (63)
22. Jeffrey Katzenberg, DreamWorks Animation (41)
26. Bill Keller, The New York Times (75)
27. Robert Thomson, The Wall Street Journal (new)
28. Dan Doctoroff, Bloomberg L.P. (new)
29. Jon Stewart, The Daily Show (48)
38. Steve Burke, Comcast (new)
42. Arianna Huffington, the Huffington Post (88)
53. Mike Allen, Politico (new)
54. Gretchen Morgenson, The New York Times (new)
59. Howard Stringer, Sony Corp. (51)
60. Jann Wenner, Wenner Media (returning)
63. Tom Freston, Firefly3 (57)
64. Leslie Moonves, CBS (58)
67. Philippe Dauman, Viacom (53)
77. Frank Rich, The New York Times (83)
82. Michael Moritz, Sequoia Capital (70)
93. Nikki Finke, Deadline Hollywood (new)
Follow Zeke Turner via RSS.