- President Obama said on Monday that the U.S. is not in a jobless economic recovery. Which is true, because to have a jobless economic recovery you first need to have an economic recovery. [Reuters]
- A Government Accountability Office report shows that women accounted for 40 percent of management positions in 2007, up from 39 percent in 2000 — but below 50 percent, which is what one would presumably hope for. [NYT]
- Billionaire Ken Fisher thinks the 2010s will be just as good economically as the 1990s, calling PIMCO’s concept of the “new normal” “idiotic.” [Bloomberg]
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, which makes both branded and generic drugs, has agreed to buy Qualitest Pharmaceuticals, which makes generic drugs. [Press Release]
- The British economy grew by 1.2 percent from the first quarter to the second quarter. It grew by 1.7 percent from the second quarter of 2009 to the second quarter of 2010. [AFP]
Follow Mike Taylor via RSS.