People who have been aching to know what kind of Hollywood talent will power HBO’s film adaptation of Andrew Ross Sorkin’s Too Big To Fail need wait no longer. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Paul Giamatti has landed the role of Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke.
Here’s the cast list:
- Paul Giamatti (Sideways, Saving Private Ryan) as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke
- Topher Grace (“That 70s Show,” and he also played Venom in Spider-Man 3) as former Treasury chief of staff and non-Lehman-bailer-outer Jim Wilkinson
- Ed Asner (Up) as folksy billionaire Warren Buffett
- Tony Shalhoub (Monk) as former Morgan Stanley CEO John Mack
- James Woods (Casino, a ton of other movies) as former Lehman Brothers chief Dick Fuld
- Dan Hedaya (Mulholland Drive, The Usual Suspects) as Congressman Barney Frank
- Cynthia Nixon (“Sex and the City”) as former assistant Treasury Secretary for public affairs Michele Davis
- Michael O’Keefe (Michael Clayton, also he played Danny Noonan in Caddyshack) as financier Chris Flowers
- Ayad Akhtar (The War Within) as Treasury TARP overseer Neel Kashkari
- Kathy Baker (Edward Scissorhands) as Wendy Paulson, wife of the former Treasury Secretary
- Billy Crudup (Almost Famous, the blue naked guy in Watchmen) as former New York Fed chief and current Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner
- Joey Slotnick (Jerry on “The Office”) as Dan Jester, TARP advisor to Henry Paulson
- William Hurt (Into the Wild, A History of Violence) as former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson
Follow Mike Taylor via RSS.