- There was an election yesterday. This definitely impacts the financial markets and the economy, although hardly anyone can say how, exactly. [AP]
- Now that the election’s over, traders are looking to see what the Federal Reserve’s next monetary move will be. Whatever happens, it will definitely impact the financial markets and the economy, although hardly anyone can say how, exactly. [NYT]
- General Motors may not have to pay any taxes for a long time, which would actually be an improvement when one considers the tens of billions in “negative taxes” the government has lavished on the automaker in recent years. [WSJ]
- Eternal basket case Greece stopped sending mail to other countries because its packages have lately shown an alarming tendency to explode. [Bloomberg]
- The SEC is looking at high-frequency traders with unfettered access to financial markets, and in light of recent events may have to fetter those traders’ access. [Reuters]
mtaylor [at] observer.com | @mbrookstaylor
Follow Mike Taylor via RSS.