Trump: ‘Always Had a Great Relationship With The Blacks’

trump and snoop Trump: Always Had a Great Relationship With The Blacks

Donald Trump shot down a report claiming he would announce his candidacy on the final episode of his show, The Apprentice, on May 15.

“I can’t announce during the show, I really can’t” and “I’m not allowed to” he said, during an interview on Talk1300. “I don’t know where it came from.”

But Trump — who has flirted with two previous presidential runs — said he was serious about it this time. “There’s no doubt in my mind I want to run as a Republican,” he said. “I’ve always felt that. Really, never wavered.”

“Years ago,” he added, “there was a big move to get me to run in the Reform Party. Fortunately I didn’t do that; I decided not to do that. And as you know, that was a strange group.” He added, “I like the people but I just didn’t think they had their act together at that time.”

“I haven’t really thought about it since,” Trump said about running for president.

But now, he has.

The show’s host, Fred Dicker — who is also the New York Post‘s state editor, read a recent poll showing Obama’s sky-high support among African-Americans.

Trump said the numbers were troubling and pointed to Hillary Clinton as proof that he probably won’t get the kind of support among African-Americans that he deserves.

“I tell it like it is,” Trump said. “[Y]ou’ll hear a political reporter go on and say it had nothing to do with race. But how come she had such a tiny piece of the vote? And you know, it’s a very sad thing.

“I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks. But unfortunately, it seems that, you know, the numbers you cite are very, very frightening numbers.”

Dicker said, somewhat rhetorically, that votes should always be based on merit, not on race.

“If that were the case, why did Hillary Clinton do so poorly?” Turmp asked.

Oh, and Trump also stood by his claims that Obama has not produced adequate information about being born in the United States

“There’s something going on,” Trump said. “He either has one [a birth certificate] and there’s something on it that he doesn’t like, or he doesn’t have one.”

“I’m amazed that the press gives him such a free ride on that,” he said. When told that the Washington Post fact-checked many of his claims on this issue and found them to be inaccurate, Trump held his ground.

He said the paper should have called him for his side of the story.

Comments

1. Poothy says:

haha

The side story……..where he repeats birther myths and insists that black is white, up is down, left is right or his favorite: I’m Donald Trump, I’m a very smart guy – the smartest guy in the world, so no way could I be made a fool of by the birthers……………

3. Donald says:

The New York Observer should disclose that they’re owned by Trump’s son in law, Jared Kushner, aka, Mr. Ivanka Trump, and they should stop being a backdoor PR racket for Trump’s CHEAP shenanigans

1. Silver says:

It is good to to know that THE Donald has a goood relationship with THE Blacks

1. sam taylor says:

exactly – go donald!- eveyone /most are just jealous  . I grew  up with  people of color  guess what theres good  theres bad’ whites:good-bad ‘mex good-bad ‘chinese good-bad ‘ big frigging deal enough already and as far as that  talk goes first the  n word was bad now  the b  word  lets just call  a group the select greatest people  ever  or something  come on  dudes  OOPs the  d word you see its  pretty much a little game -take care and remember pc  is the real enemy

Donald,
      you seem to be taking the opposite view of John Cook over at Gawker, who wrote about how much the NYO wasn’t covering Trump.
      so, i’m wondering…could explain a bit how you feel the kind of coverage Trump is getting here is beneficial to him?

1. Donald says:

Trump wants his name EVERYWHERE. Clearly that’s obvious. He wants as many curious rubberneckers as possible to tune into his pop culture slop of a show’s season finale. If NYO wants the cheap web traffic that comes with reporting on this garbage better suited for TMZ than any reputable news outlet, then NYO should fully disclose all ties to Trump and let readers decide NYO’s “journalistic” intent. Otherwise, ignore Trump’s PR stunts and get your pagehits with actual news.

” get your pagehits with actual news” sounds like a great motto

4. Almawik says:

This is sad. Trump is showing a real ugly side. How many other THE’S does Trump have? The Reds? The Yellows? The Offwhites? The Darks? The ? Genders? The ? Religion? The ? Faith?

5. Donald J. Trump says:

Azi, you’re fired.

ha!
      i’ve been told worse.

6. Saudiwoof says:

Donald, you lost me with the statement, “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.” That’s one of the worst lines to use. I uusally think of some Southern politician using that line to get vote. As for Hillary, well this country just wasn’t ready for a woman Vice President let alone President. That, and her history was against her. She tried to introduce health care reform, shot down, viewed as weak, the Lewinsky affair, and finally she was too strong willed for most tastes. I can’t speak for nobody but myself but if she was running I’d give a strong consideration to give her my vote. But you, puhleeeeeeese!

thoughtful comment. and was that a Hillary 2012 trial ballon i saw go by?

7. Grams says:

Very disturbing to hear him say that he has a great relationship with “the blacks” instead of using the term black people or people of color

8. TYUMMIEBREWER says:

Donald Trump has just proven, by this interview, that money can’t buy you brains….”The Blacks”? Why didn’t he just say “The Colored”…What an ass……HE’s FIRED!

9. ozone9 says:

Donald…just like NBC should have stopped campaigning for Obama in 2008.

10. Jwbmii says:

Figures Trump would be a Republican, but then he knows all about BANKRUPTCY as in how the REPUBLICANS UNDER GEORGE BUSH BANKRUPTED THIS COUNTRY!

11. hair piece says:

donald……you cant declare bankruptcy so take your extened 15 minutes and shut the he!! up man..

Trump makes me ill. I am a 63 year old black woman, and he makes my skin crawl. Not because of the birther foolishness, because I did not like him long before that. I don’t like him because he personifies quite a bit of what is wrong with our country: sensationalism, cheap celebrity, tackiness, greed, anything to make a buck, etc. He also needs to know there are approx. well over 40 million black people in the USA, and we are all individuals with individual tastes and opinions. He has never met me nor the overwhelming number of black Americans. He may be liked by those he personally knows, but please don’t extrapolate.

I will never stay in a birther hotel or watch a show created by a birther.

14. Carl2113 says:

ass-clown, ass-clown, ass-clown, the donald should just stop. And the mainstream media should stop reporting on him.

15. Sooooo a picture with Snoop Dogg is the best picture NYO could come up with to illustrate Trump’s so-called relationship with “the blacks”? I wonder how the conversation went in the newsroom:

Writer: Hmmm, I need a picture of Donald Trump with a key pillar of the black community to illustrate his solidarity with them.

Photog: I know! How about this picture with him and Snoop Dogg!

Writer: Perfect! Brilliant idea.You’re the best!

When Snoop Dogg is considered a prominent representative of my culture in articles like these, I can see why it’s a challenge for “the whites” and others to take “the blacks” very seriously.

16. ACT says:

Its very sad to see a business icon like Donald Trump to stoop this low for attention, its not business savy but personal for him. Maybe Mr. Trump’s next interesting topic coming from him might be “How much many times does President Obama dye his hair”, Mr Trump please invest your time more wisely.

17. Nicholas says:

“The Blacks?” Seems to me that he is trying to scorn Blacks. Poor guy. He is starting to show his truly ugly side to the world.

18. Wildflower95 says:

When we vote for white people it is for merit, but when we vote for a black person when the opposition is white it is for race. I wonder why?

19. Ginuwinesb says:

As far as I can see Blacks voted on merits.  Jesse and Al didn’t get the same turn out of votes. So what about the whites that voted for him, are they black also like Clinton? Things that make you go hmmmmmm sore looser or should I just pull out the race card. Naw don’t need to just call a spade a spade.