To Clarify: Occupy Wall Street Does Not Hate Jews

hitlers To Clarify: Occupy Wall Street Does Not Hate Jews

Calling Wall Street "Hitler's Bankers" is not anti-Jewish.

Despite what you might have heard from the many conservative outlets looking to discredit the movement through a couple of crazy people with “Jews = Bank Bailout” signs, the majority of Occupy Wall Street is not anti-Semitic. Because that’s what we were all worried about, right?

From Jonathan Chait‘s piece on NYMag.com today:

When writing about the Occupy Wall Street protests, Washington Post conservative blogger Jennifer Rubin complains, “virtually nothing has been said about its anti-Semitic elements.” And yes, virtually nothing has been said! Unless you count David Brooks. Or Fox News. Or The Wall Street Journal editorial page. Or Rush Limbaugh, the Weekly Standard, the Daily Caller, Commentary, Karl Rove, National Review Online, Newsmax, Reason, and toomanyblogs to name.

Not to mention this video that has been circulating:

Yikes! That’s a lot of media scrutiny for hate rhetoric towards a group that held Yom Kippur services, as well as Shabbas. Someone should probably alert Jewsish Week and tell them to stop sending “their people” to Zuccotti Park…unless they want trouble.

Comments

1. Fuckyou says:

fuck you

2. Angelo R. Mozilo says:

Another fine OWS-fluffing post from Drew. Hey, if you love it so much, why not relocate to la plaza for the rest of week? We’ll still have propagandistic pseudo-coverage from the other 5,000 sites on this phenomenal artificial story. Win-win for everyone.

1. Steven says:

Sounds like good, accurate reporting to me.  Why don’t you come to an occupation to see for yourself?

1. Angelo R. Mozilo says:

I’ve lived on a college campus before, bub. There is nothing novel or newsworthy about sheltered whitefolk with no responsibilities or life experience straining mightily to draw attention to themselves. Only half the Zuccotti bunch are self-described voters. I am not surprised that bored NY/Jersey/DC press flacks have endeavored to manufacture a fake social happening so that they’d have “a political phenomenon” of their own to play with. Reporting actual news would be too strenuous!

When this little creation cools off and they cease filing copy-paste dispatches from a bogus story I’ll stop criticizing their fraudulent info-filler. As for the occupation industry, I have seen urban gatherings of bums often in my time. These particular harmless, uninformed, idle people can be adequately handled by parks/rec staff and the police community affairs office

3. Sbradburry says:

Amazing …. You mean to tell me that a couple of idiots that held up anti-Jewish signs don’t speak for all of the protesters on Wall Street ?  Do you think maybe the media that assumed a couple of idiots at a Tea Party function spoke for all tea party members are aware of this earth shattering news???  When we people learn to look beyond their noses and not keep painting everyone with the same brush.

1. Steven says:

I’d been to Tea Party rallies to see for myself and not just take the word of the media.  There were a lot more than “a couple of idiots” at those rallies who were bigoted.  Those rallies seemed to me to be more of a culture war phenomena than a true libertarian movement.  The feeling I got was the main reason they wanted Small Government was not because they were true believers but because smaller government would hurt minorities.

1. Sbradburry says:

Thank you for sharing Steven.  Its true, if you aren’t there you can’t really know.  Sad to hear that there are those that think they need to hurt others to elevate themselves.

4. 333322 says:

Kill the Jews-they run wall street

5. SenCJ says:

So, in order to show conservatives that non-conservatives are indeed acknowledging anti-Semitic messages at OWS, the critics of the conservatives cite…more conservatives.

You sure you thought this through?

6. Steven says:

Give me a  break.  over a quarter of OWS in NYC are Jewish.  This talk of anti-semitism might work non-jews who don’t know a lot of Jews, but it’s laughable to actual Jews like myself.

7. Robin says:

Its funny to try and sell conservatives such an unbelievable load of crap. New Yorkers are anti-semitic? Its ridiculous on its face. Ask the demonstrators themselves, as every 3rd or 4th one of them is jewish. I’ve marched alongside + hung-out at Zuccotti Park, and I’m jewish too, though not a big believer.

This campaign is being waged by rabid extremists, like the Bill Kristol group, Emergency Committee For Israel. They’re the hate-group that got the 9th district in Brooklyn/Queens to go republican through schills like Dov Hikind + Mayor Koch.

The irony is, that by promoting the idea that all bankers + brokers are jewish, they are spreading the ludicrous stereotype they purport to be offended by.

8. Melvin says:

I am not Jewish, yet I do have a perspective on this.  I am a leftist, and I support Occupy Wall Street.  I am a leftist, and I also support the State of Israel.  Why do they have to be exclusive positions contradicting each other?  You will probably find more racists and anti-Semites at Tea Party events, yet I would never denounce the entire Tea Party as racist nor anti-Semitic…

9. Melvin says:

10. LEEMAJO8 says:

I don’t know why not being pro Jew is considered bad , the Jews have be apart of some bad stuff if you care to give it a look … I’m proud to say that I’m Jew wise and yes according to a Jew if your Jew wise then your this or that … GET JEW WISE PEOPLE