Newt Gingrich Says Occupy Wall Street Infringes On His Right To Free Speech

In an appearance on Sean Hannity’s show tonight, Newt Gingrich described Occupy Wall Street as a threat to free speech while discussing being interrupted by protesters on the campaign trail. Mr. Gingrich canceled a scheduled appearance in New Hampshire today due to concerns over the protesters.

“Some of the Occupy Wall Street people frankly have a touch of anarchism in them. I think, ultimately, the society’s going to have to say there are limits to those kind of folks blocking people from having their right to free speech,” Mr. Gingrich said. “We decided it wasn’t worth risking some kind of big confrontation, so we, frankly, decided to skip past that particular event.” Read More

Comments

This article made me laugh out loud….what an idiot!  Try pepper spray and the police beating the shit out of you, then we’ll talk!

2. Nick Riley says:

As a 100 percent Ron Paul supporter I am glad that the Former Speaker  set the record straight that it was OWS and not Paul supporters.

On its face it was doubtful that Paul supporters( who respect the constitution more than the candidate) would not trample on someone’s free speech.

We plan on winning on the issues and on the facts.  100 percent debt to GDP ratio.

1 trillion dollars in cuts is going in the right direction.

OWS trash think they are entitled to something.  They do that stuff for publicity.

True Paul supporters never go for that kind of sensationalist garbage.

Overall, I am glad that Gingrich set the record straight and I hope this wakes up the Paul supporters to be careful not to be too chummy with the OWS crowd.

1. Neither your ancient thing of a candidate nor any of the other bagger trash running have a snowballs chance of winning this election. You might want to cut back on your meds a bit…

2. Thom says:

Newt capitulates in case he gets shouted at. OWS stand firm whilst being tear gassed, beaten, pepper sprayed and imprisoned.

3. Gnosticpostulant says:

I think you misunderstand what OWS is about if you think that “OWS trash think they are entitled to something”. The only thing we think we are entitled to is fair treatment under the law, andfor laws to be enforced equally regardless of economic standing. It is the fact that people with money have decided that laws do not apply to them, and the government has chosen to agree with them, that we are out in the streets.

3. Adam Moreira says:

If Newt wanted his point to be valid, he should have gone ahead and attempted to make the speech. If he was not able to get in, or had a hard time getting in (and it could be documented), or if it was then interrupted (again, with positive documentation), then Gingrich could have made the case. But capitulation on your part does not make a valid claim of intimidation on my part.

4. Sdstarlett says:

Newt is a putz

5. Gene Smith says:

First they came for the 1%’s and I said nothing, then the 5%’s and I said nothing… now they come for the 55%’s and I am one of them. They painted their symbol 1% verboten on the windows… now I must flee before they come for me.

1. I’m Coming for ya man – I got my sights on yer Hummer and MY FREEDOM

6. :D says:

Cry me a flippin’ river Newt. How dare someone interrupt the great dystopian schizophrenic while he pukes garbage about OWS  then uses it in order to score political points in NH.

7. “Shouldn’t stand for these disruption”? What are you going to do Newt, have your bagger trash pull their guns and start blowing people away? This nation should rise up and revolt should any of these bagger trash GOP somehow steal this coming election!

8. The UNITED STATES has Provisions in Its constitution for Citizens to Maintain ARMED MILITIAS to Kill Government Officials the citizens felt endangered their rights.  To TAKE UP ARM Against Evil. I’m pretty sure Yelling at Lying Thieving  Adulterers  who were TRYING to WORM their way into the HIGHEST OFFICE in the Land was REQUIRED.