Per Deadline, Donald Sutherland has signed on to a comedy pilot at Fox set in the rollicking world of NPR. While it’s purportedly a pilot focused on a father-son relationship, we’re sure the setting will have some impact upon the plotlines, especially since Fox’s corporate cousins at Fox News have had a few things to say about NPR recently!
- “They are, of course, Nazis. They have a kind of Nazi attitude. They are the left wing of Nazism. These guys don’t want any other point of view. They don’t even feel guilty using tax dollars to spout their propaganda. They are basically Air America with government funding to keep them alive,” Fox News chief Roger Ailes on NPR, 11/17/2011
- “I am not yet convinced that the NPR national operation in Washington has been able to rid itself of the elite liberal orthodoxy that made me into their whipping boy.” –Juan Williams, Fox News commentator, 10/25/2011
- “Why should conservatives’ taxes pay for this?,” from FoxNews.com article “NPR Admits It’s Packed With Liberals,” 03/16/2011
- “This shake-up at the taxpayer-funded broadcaster should not be soon forgotten. It shows the degree to which off-base and twisted Tea Party opposition can be, and how high the fanaticism reaches,” 03/11/2011
- “NPR Executive Goes on Bigoted Rant,” post syndicated from the Daily Caller, 03/08/2011
- “[NPR] throw[s] out propaganda in violation of the First Amendment… Terrorists want to create terror. Well, what does NPR want to create? They’re intimidating, too,” Bill O’Reilly’s on-air comments, 10/2010
We eagerly await the show, as we love to laugh!
Follow Daniel D'Addario via RSS.