Kraftwerk at MoMA Tickets: Let The Scalping Begin!

kraftwerk 2 Kraftwerk at MoMA Tickets: Let The Scalping Begin! Some people don’t have very much “Computer Love” in their hearts after being locked out of getting tickets for Kraftwerk’s forthcoming MoMA residency. Tickets for each of the group’s eight performances retailed for $25 a piece. You’d think: With eight performances, there’d be enough of the tickets to go around. You’d be wrong. A lot of people don’t have fast computers or were going to the bathroom when they went on sale, and now, they’re sad that they don’t have Kraftwerk tickets. [Ed. Something about "Showroom Dummies" here.]

Truth be told, there’s still a way to get into the shows: The Gloriously Sleazy Secondary Market of Craigslist.

Via The Awl:

tumblr lztbw6uucn1qbqlxro1 500 Kraftwerk at MoMA Tickets: Let The Scalping Begin!

And how shameless are the sellers/desperate are the bidders?

One guy, who has two tickets to the Computer World night:

Email me if you’re interested. No reasonable offer will be accepted :)

:) indeed! One person is offering $300. Another is offering $200. Some are more specifically desperate requests than others (“i’m a diehard & need to go see the Kraftwerk Autobahn show.”) and some are just oddly charming Kraftwerk-laden jokes. Like this one, entitled “Wanted: 2 Tickets to Kraftwerk’s Man-machine for 2 Pseudo-humans“:

We would be willing to pay $120 for two tickets to Man Machine on Saturday, April 14.

Us:
We are the robots. She’s a model and she’s looking good, and I am not your sex object. We like synthetic electronic sounds. She gives you her affection and I give you my time. (and $120)
We are trying to get a connection on the telephone line.

You:
So close, but far away.

Secondary markets like this usually tighten up in the lead-up to the event, and then loosen right before. So those who are truly among the desperate for Kraftwerk tickets who got locked out are probably going to have to wait a bit before they get an answer on this.

But now you know: Kraftwerk, still a big thing.

Here is a really enjoyable cover of “Computer Love” that has nothing to do with Coldplay:

fkamer@observer.com | @weareyourfek

Comments

1. jc014 says:

I’m sure there’s always a way, but wasn’t this a will call only, photo ID at admission sale?

2. Teri Horne says:

Not only were ticket buyers screwed over because the website left them hanging, they found out after the fact that MoMA did allow ticket sales via telephone. The MoMA website specifically stated that the event tickets were an ONLINE ONLY option.

So people who did the right thing got screwed. Meanwhile, Kim Kardashian posted in a now-deleted Tweet that SHE got tickets for the event in the middle of this clusterfuck.

3. Shoebop says:

Clusterfuck indeed! I was online at 11.58 with my credit card in hand. Once it struck 12.00 I clicked on the link, and got in the ‘queue.’ I fail to understand how all tickets were snapped up before I could get one. Stitch up! And by the way, FUCK Kim Kardashian and her juicy hole!

1. MoMA no more says:

Did the same thing and even used the second hand on my computer clock to be inline exactly at 12.00. In frustration I ended up getting in queue for 6 of the shows. I constantly got dropped out the queues by Craptix, or whatever they are called, and assume as I refreshed went to the back of the queue again. Cannot understand how it works if it was 2 tix per person and I was in the queue at 12.00 to the second. Doesn’t help MoMA image either, particularly as they clearly said tickets were available only on line and now we find out people bought them over the phone. No doubt scalpers will have their day at expense of real fans. Same old story!

4. alphanumeral says:

Computers failed us all.  Is there a lesson here?  Maybe I’ll go outside, though I’m definitely boycotting art.

5. DJCrystalClear says:

AMAZING!  just for fun, I left a window open.  The time is now 9:59, AND I’M STILL IN THE QUEUE.

Earlier today at 2:30 pm – I just got off of the phone with a dingbat at ClickTix, or whatever-the-fuck they’re called.

“The reason why the queue is still open is because of people finishing their orders.”

” But it’s sold out, so WHY AM I STILL IN THE QUEUE – why doesn’t your server just cut us off?” “Um, well if people cancel their orders, then there will be tickets available.” “Yes, but you just said that it’s sold out, right? Do you understand why your system stinks? You just said an oxymoron!” “Mam, there is no need for name calling.” “Are you kidding me right now? Do you know what an oxymoron is?” “Well, due to the incredible demand for…” “Yea, I KNOW that – but do you understand what I’m saying? And how poorly you guys have handled this situation?” “Okay, it’s sold out. Can I do…” “CLICK!”

haha you sound like a bitch, grow up

6. btezra says:

perhaps we need to go back to the days when you could actually “sleep out” for tickets to a concert…those were the days

7. btezra says:

8. Gail Worley says:

How are those with tickets going to scalp them if you have to pick them up at the box office on the night of the performance with ID?