Too busy to check your daily Betabeat? First of all, meet our newest staffer, Kelly Faircloth. And now, here are the highlights from last week, as selected by the editors.
• Betabeat’s Spring 2012 Most Poachable Players in Tech
Welcome to our Spring 2012 edition of the Most Poachable Players in Tech, a list of the most fearless devs, designers and tech whizzes you should be clamoring to snap up for your company.
• The Great Erection: Standing Desks Are On the Rise
Standing up at work.
• Damn, Girl: New York Has Almost Double The Female Founders
Silicon Valley comes from Mars, New York comes from Venus.
• Introducing The Listserve, a Giant List Only One Person Can Email Per Day
• 10gen CTO Eliot Horowitz on the Rise of MongoDB, Partnering with Red Hat, and Hiring in a Talent Crunch
• Facebook Acquires Instagram For $1 B. Just Days After a $50 M. Investment From Sequoia, Thrive, and Greylock
• Breaking the Digital Glass Ceiling as a Young Black Woman in Tech
• Jack Leidlein, First Round’s New Head of Talent, Wants To Hire You
• Help the SEC Crowdsource Its Crowdfunding Rules
• Facebook Would Rather Brands Pay for Advertising Than Use Brand Pages
• STAND DOWN: Iran’s ‘Clean Internet’ Rumor Started With a Hoax
• Sorry, But the Lesson of Instagram Is Not: Teach Yourself to Code and You, Too, Can Get $400 M.
• Instagram and the Age of Upsets
• Was Ashton Kutcher High Being Really Dumb During This Interview About Dwolla?
• Try the Punch! iPad Mag Does Pop Culture as Game
• This 3D Printer Sells for $4,000 and Prints Chocolate Instead of Plastic
• Get to the Good Part: Hacker Invents a Way to Search Netflix For Nudity, Calls It BateFlix
• 10 Startups, Ranked in Order of Hotness
• Why Twitter Shut Down the Fame Game