There is a certain level of unenviable überfame at which every utterance and twitch merits a headline. Steve Jobs sent an email! Mark Zuckerberg wore a hoodie! On this plane of celebrity, every step is a statement.
Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak is one such überfamous personality. (We even covered the time he made $781 working from home.) Essentially retired, Mr. Wozniak, or Woz, as he’s lovingly called, is good-natured enough not to mind being used as a proxy for the tight lips at Apple. He also has a low filter between his brain and his mouth. Repeatedly shunned by his former cofounder, Mr. Wozniak continued to speak out—about the white iPhone, about Bing, about whatever—and made multiple appearances on reality TV. We noticed that today, the Woz is featured in no fewer than three stories on Google News, partly due to a speaking tour in Australia. Roundup time!
1. “I don’t have home internet, admits Apple founder Steve Wozniak,” The Telegraph
Mr. Wozniak does not have Internet at home because his Internet provider is the cable company, which is a monopoly.
2. “Apple Founder Wozniak to Buy Facebook Regardless of Price,” Bloomberg
It’s unclear whether Woz will actually buy Facebook shares, but he certainly would in the hypothetical, he tells Bloomberg.
3. “Wozniak glad he never had to run Apple,” ARN
Boy, is Woz glad he never ran Apple. Dodged a bullet on that one.
4. “Woz backs Apple Aussie price revolt,” TechEye
IPhones are too expensive in Australia, Woz says, possibly due to protectionism and tariffs, or Apple price gouging.
5. “Woz Digs Windows Phone, But LG Doesn’t,” Information Week
Woz likes the tiles on the new Nokia Lumia 900.
6. “EXCLUSIVE: Steve Wozniak In Line For IPad 3 At Apple Store (VIDEO),” What’s Trending
Woz has to wait in line for his iPads just like you.
7. “Woz supports Mike Daisey’s message and says you should too,” CNET
Woz strays from the party line on the Apple ankle-biter, whom he praised to Mr. Jobs.
8. “Apple Stock to Hit $1,000? Steve Wozniak Believes So,” CNBC
Woz doesn’t really follow the stock market, but he believes Apple will hit $1,000 a share.
9. “Wozniak: Tablet is the PC for ‘normal people,'” ComputerWorld
Tablets are like TVs, Woz says, and they represent what Apple was all about from the beginning.
10. “Wozniak sorry he called ‘Dancing’ show ‘fake,’” MSNBC
Woz was upset about placing in the bottom two on “Dancing With the Stars,” but he’s calmed down now.