For all the hand wringing over the death of the media industry, people in media sometimes get new jobs in media.
Why, just today a bunch of people announced new jobs.
Here is a (probably partial) list of people who are favoriting congratulation tweets right now:
- Politico’s Maggie Haberman will go analyze politics as a CNN contributor.
- HowAboutWe social media editor Tim Herrera is going to do something social media-related at The Washington Post. If anyone wants Mr. Herrera’s current life, his Bushwick apartment and job are up for grabs.
- Paula Froelich is going to Yahoo, where she will be editor in chief of Yahoo travel. She already has her ID card and everything.
- Vulture editorial director Josh Wolk is also going to Yahoo, where he will serve in the newly created role of executive editor of entertainment. Mr. Wolk already wrote a good-bye post on the New York mag site last Friday.
- As noted this morning, Good Morning America reporter Josh Elliott is leaving for NBC Sports, where he will make more money.
- AndTexas Monthly editor Jake Silverstein is probably looking for apartments right now and realizing that everything is smaller in New York. But running the Times Magazine is worth it, right? Although Mr. Silverstein’s new job was announced on Friday, it’s big enough news that it’s worth repeating.