tvDownload’s America: The Best Explosions Ready to Stream on Netflix

  • Don’t kid yourself into thinking the best part of July 4 is the family, friends or any sort of familiar companionship. The best part of July 4 is the excuse to wantonly blow shit up, all in the name of AMERICA, baby.

    It’s not a secret that the other 364 days of the year, Americans still love them some explosions. But July 4 is the only day that everyone from the cops to your grandmother are all, “Bundle of illegal fireworks? I’m game.”

    But why stop the fun when the Roman Candle supply is up and the M80’s you bought from that guy’s trunk are all gone. There are plenty of quality explosions readily available in our movies and TV shows. Because I’m all about making your lives easier, I’ve narrowed it down to the best detonation destinations currently streaming on Netflix.

    I can’t guarantee they are all exactly good movies. What I can promise is they will satisfy any fans of things that go boom.

  • G.I Joe: Retaliation, a sequel starring Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis and the franchise-saver Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The first G.I Joe movie knocked down the Eiffel Tower, so this one had a lot to live up to.

  • Best Explosion - So what the makers of G.I Joe: Retaliation decided to do was have COBRA blow up London. Like, all of it. The whole thing. I never said this list was subtle.

  • Mythbusters, the show that sets out to debunk or prove myths, often just involves blowing shit up for the amusement of hosts Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman. And for that, we are thankful.

  • Best Explosion - In Season 7, the gang decided to see if you could literally "knock someone's socks off." That explosion you see up there, 500 pounds of ammonium nitrate, shattered windows in the town of Espart, California a mile away. Those innocent people's homes and livelihood? BUSTED.

  • Olympus Has Fallen is a movie about the White House being invaded by terrorists that takes itself way too seriously for a movie about he White House being invaded by terrorists. But boy does a lot of stuff blow up.

  • Best Explosion - Gerard Butler yells "RPG!" right before that explosion up there, saving exactly zero lives.

  • Star Trek: Into Darkness takes you out of the "destroying national landmarks" explosion category and into "explosions. IN SPACE."

  • Best Explosion - Benedict Cumberbatch's Khan is either a really good villain or a really shitty pilot. Either way, he crashes the USS Vengeance into San Francisco, which doesn't end well for San Francisco.

  • Breaking Bad is filled with subtle, brilliant nuances and character development. It is also filled with some awesome explosions because science, bitch.

  • Best Explosion - If you don't think using a wheelchair-bound, drug family patriarch as a human bomb to blow up a drug kingpin/fried chicken restaurateur is just the best, then I just don't know what to tell you.

  • Sharknado is a movie you probably heard about on Twitter but never actually watched because its beneath you. Well jsut so you know, you are missing out on some prime ridiculousness and destruction. Here, come over to the next slide and let me show you.

  • Best Explosion - In this scene, two sharks are deposited from the tornado (stay with me) and land in a retirement home swimming pool. Our hero, Fin (stay with me), decides that they still aren't safe, and blows up the pool. Classic.

  • Titanic. Too soon?

  • Best Explosion - ...too soon.

  • XXX: State of the Union, starring Ice Cube. To be fair, the original XXX is also on Netflix, but I'll take awful sequels every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

  • Best Explosion - Ice Cube jumps out of a moving train and then Samuel L. Jackson blows up that train and oh yeah Willem Dafoe is still on the train like why would you even ask which explosion is the best.

  • The Expendables 2, starring every action hero ever from 1976 onward, and Sylvester Stallone's mustache.

  • Best Explosion - There are so many, I don't even know where to begin. In about 95% of this movie something is exploding, and the other 5% is Sylvester Stallone and Dolph Lundgren attempting to have an intelligible conversation which is entertaining in its own right. For a combination of both, see the scene above where Stallone utters "Ohshideygoddatank" (translated roughly to "Oh, shit, they have a tank"), and the aforementioned tank proceeds to destroy things. Also, Terry Crews is there. And it doesn't get more American than explosions and Terry Crews.

  • Happy 4th of July, everyone.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 160,577 other followers