First there was the cronut. Then came the ramen burger. And once both trends had reached a fever pitch – with foodies bartering cronuts for ramen burgers – the ‘cronut burger’ was truly inevitable.
But a Canadian attempt at just such a treat ended in disaster when 12 people who had sampled the dubious snack at the Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto experienced severe food poisoning and needed to be treated by paramedics. Suffering from vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pain, five foodies were rushed to the hospital. Read More