– It’s bad enough that Vegas casino kingpin Steve Wynn‘s divorce to his ex-wife Elaine was reportedly the most expensive in history, but now she’s got his palatial Fifth Avenue home, too. As of last year, Mr. Wynn quietly listed the full-floor condo at 817 Fifth Avenue for $25 million, a hike Read More
Manhattan Transfers Cheat Sheet
In Deed! Walt Frazier’s Deal; Dikembe Mutombo Shoots; Greenwich Vill Gutted; A Dixie Chick & Glenn Beck; And More!
– A few weeks ago, the Times‘ Big Deal was that Walt “Clyde” Frazier, the Knicks Hall of Famer, had bought three adjoining penthouses units at The Lenox Grand, located at 381 Lenox Avenue, at the corner of 129th Street in Harlem. It was quite the spread, encompassing 4,600 square feet inside with Read More
In Deed! Camaro Designer Drives Into Rushmore; Banker’s Boy Purcell IV Downtown; Moises de La Renta A-Mews-d
– Take that, Ferrari! Last month, Matteo Sardi, the PR chief for the Italian carmaker’s American operation, zoomed into a sweet West Village pad. But in a sign of the continued resurgence of the American auto industry, Sangyeup Lee, the designer who brought the Camaro back to life, has one-upped his foreign Read More
– They don’t make ‘em like they used to, and that’s not always a bad thing. Back in May, Dennis Margulies of Corcoran and Debra Kameros and Susan Weiner of Elliman took a co-exclusive on two adjoining, somewhat ungainly lofts at 708 Greenwich Street in the far West Village. The original price for the Read More
In Deed! Douglas and Zeta-Jones Bag Bedford; Fingers Crossed at River House; the Enigmatic Huguette M. Clark
Today being Columbus Day, public records were closed, and so no surprises to report. Still, there is always action on the New York real estate scene, some of which shows up in other venues. Here’s the latest scoop from some of our colleagues:
– Michael Douglas does not do business the way his Wall Street Read More
– Smile! That’s what Michael Gruenglas must be doing. The Skadden partner just picked up a sun-soaked 3,375-square-foot penthouse at 448 West 37th Street, the Glass Farmhouse, as the 13-story converted school is known. Almost the entire unit is skylights and terraces (a 3,000-footer), and it sold for $4 million. The seller, celebrity photographer Read More
In Deed! Timberlake Tosses Tribeca; Hotelier Frick’s New Neighbor; $19 M. at 15 CPW; Picasso’s Grandson; Bob Futterman!
In Deed! Helmsley Estate at 70 Percent Off; A Failed Flip on Central Park North; Bovis Big Buys on East 80th
– The “kind of pathetic” River House and a team of Sotheby’s brokers is out to prove The Real Estate Desk wrong. Back in March, our own Dana Rubenstein called the building a has-been, but that hasn’t deterred the owners of 4E/5E, a 14-room duplex currently asking $11 million. Sotheby’s Nikki Field and Patricia Wheatley Read More