Lint: scourge of common folk and stars alike. Not only has it brought down many a beautiful garment, but on Friday it nearly destroyed Robert DeNiro’s building at 88 Central Park West.
A lint buildup in a clothes dryer set the posh building on fire, damaging not only Mr. DeNiro’s apartment, but every other apartment on the fifth floor, as well as those on the fourth and sixth, reported the New York Post.
“Right above my head these 12-foot-tall flames exploded out of the fifth-floor window,” passerby Nathan Bear told the Post. Read More