Ever notice that the NYTimes.com most-emailed list is slanted toward an older demographic? Maybe because only folks over a certain age—like our Aunt Mabel—still use the email tool. Here’s a quick, annotated guide to what grandma and grandpa thought you might be interested in from NYTimes.com …
An observation: Auntie still doesn’t care about Iran! Despite multiple stories and an op-ed ‘above the fold’ on the website, the disputed election is nowhere to be found on Mabel’s list of favorites. Moving on!
1. Aunt Mabel loves abs! We know she has a weak back, but does she secretly have a six-pack too? Or is she worried about Ryan Reynolds?
2. This piece focuses on the economic slump in Oregon, and how all these Calilfornians moved there and helped create a bubble, that burst. Why does Auntie care? She was thinking about moving to Coos Bay!
3. Wow, this is up from #8 yesterday. Can’t totally explain that one!
4. Auntie told us she needed a new TV. We guess all her friends do too.
5. Auntie cares about her grandkids’ college educations. Clearly.
6.Pogue on the new iPhone. Falling, but still.
7.Zicam! Zicam! Down from #1 yesterday, but Auntie knows this one is a must read. She sent it to me three times yesterday!
8. Borderline personality disorder, three days strong.
9. The Supreme Court ruled that prisoners have no right to DNA testing that could prove their innocence. Sounds, um, not that fair!
10. Hey, it’s a video! And it’s about abs! Maybe Auntie’s getting ready for bikini season.
Five Day Total:
Op-Ed Contributors: 3
(13 for Op-Ed Pages)