Ever notice that the NYTimes.com most-emailed list is slanted toward an older demographic? Maybe because only folks over a certain age—like our Aunt Mabel—still use the email tool. Here’s a quick, annotated guide to what grandma and grandpa thought you might be interested in from NYTimes.com …
1. Is Dowd ready to make this 1998 all over again? For whatever reason, she couldn’t quite gain ownership of George W. the way she did with Bill, but maybe Sarah Palin is exactly the subject she needs to bring her columns to life again. Mabel (and basically everyone else!) hasn’t been much of a fan of her work in years, but currently she’s got a spring to her step. But Palinmonium, sadly, will die down once more. And Mark Sanford isn’t a story anymore. So we wonder, with all this momentum that she’s captured, what she’ll do next.
2. Bruni loves himself a slice.
3. Brooks doesn’t lose much ground in the Week that Columnists Thumped Health.
4. It’s Thursday and this is still in the Top 5.
5. Nantucket moves up!
6. David Leonhardt does too.
7. And so does the Google story!
8. And the fact that doctors want to rob you! Mabel is laaaazy today. She’s G-Chatting!
9. Bing! A new one.
10. This Ginsburg interview is awesome. Maybe Mabel wishes she could go on those Ginsburg-Scalia skiing trips as much as we do!
(Note: We credited doctors love $ as health + money).
Op-Ed contributors: 12