Ever notice that the NYTimes.com most-emailed list is slanted toward an older demographic? Maybe because only folks over a certain age—like our Aunt Mabel—still use the email tool. Here’s a quick, annotated guide to what grandma and grandpa thought you might be interested in from NYTimes.com …
1. We were surprised this one wasn’t at the very top yesterday morning, since it’s an issue close to Mabel’s heart. Social Security, up from second place, claims number one.
2. We didn’t learn a whole lot from this piece about the issues leading to Palin’s resignation, but we understand why Mabel liked it.
3. Frank Rich! Palin! Sticking around.
4. Whales stick around too.
5. Ok, look: we know people like crabs. But who is really ever going to go to the Eastern Shore of Maryland to eat them? It’s far away! But delicious, true.
6. Mabel’s iPhone must be full of apps by now.
7. Oh, golf fashion!
8. Mabel’s a protestant, but she’s interested in Catholic stuff.
9. Goldman Sachs is gonna make a profit.
10. Kristof sticks around with this sexy water piece.
We credited Frank Rich and Ross Douthat as politics and columnists.
Op-Ed contributors: 12