Ever notice that the NYTimes.com most-emailed list is slanted toward an older demographic? Maybe because only folks over a certain age—like our Aunt Mabel—still use the email tool. Here’s a quick, annotated guide to what grandma and grandpa thought you might be interested in from NYTimes.com …
1. Peter Singer applies his rational choice philosophy to health care in the magazine this week. More popular than when he argues why genetically modified food is a good thing.
2. Roger Cohen! Monkeys! The Meaning of Life! All things Mabel likes.
3. Krugman on why Goldman Sachs is good for its employees, bad for America.
4. Mabel has done some yoga herself, but even if she were out of work she wouldn’t move to an ashram like all these other people!
5. Obama tells African-Americans to take away the XBoxes from their kids, among other things. Mabel, we’re pretty sure, doesn’t know what an XBox is, or thinks it’s something dirty.
6. Naked Babies! Kids hate wearing clothes in summer. Everyone loves this story.
7. Collins on Sotomayor.
8. Another in the reporting series on the struggle to eradicate cancer.
9. David Brooks loves Community College.
10. Wow! Kristof takles how chemicals can feminize male fetuses!
Op-Ed contributors: 12