The New Jersey Education Association has released its endorsements for the upcoming congressional elections as well as for open seats in the state’s 14th and 5th Districts.
What comes as no suprise is the teachers’ union endorsed Democrats across the board, with the exception of three congressional districts, where no endorsement was given and the 5th legislative District, also where no endorsement was made.
“NJEA is as committed as ever to endorsing and electing pro-public education candidates,” said NJEA President Barbara Keshishian. “Each of our endorsed candidates has distinguished himself or herself by advocating for great public schools, public school employees, and for the 1.4 million New Jersey schoolchildren our members educate.”
The union has been at odds with Republican Gov. Chris Christie since he took office and the war of words has continued to escalate with Christie’s cuts to school aid and his recent application for a federal grant, which was done without the union’s buy-in.
- CD-1: Rep. Rob Andrews (D)
- CD-2: No Endorsement
- CD-3: Rep. John Adler (D)
- CD-4: No Endorsement
- CD-5: No Endorsement
- CD-6: Rep. Frank Pallone, Jr. (D)
- CD-7: No Endorsement
- CD-8: Rep. Bill Pascrell, Jr. (D)
- CD-9: Rep. Steven Rothman (D)
- CD-10: Rep. Donald Payne (D)
- CD-11: Pending Screening
- CD-12: Rep. Rush Holt (D)
- CD-13: No Endorsement
- LD-5: No Endorsements for Senate and Assembly seats
- LD-14: Assemblywoman Linda Greenstein (D) for open Senate seat