New York has become the first state in the nation to permit political contributions over $100,000, according to a report out this morning from NYPIRG.
New York’s contribution limits automatically are adjusted for inflation using the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics’ consumer price index for all urban consumers, which gave a boost to NY’s already highest in the nation contribution limits (although, as NYPIRG notes, five states have no limit at all.
Now, the maximum amount that can be donated is:
- $102,300 for Party committee donations
- $14,602 for GOP statewide primary
- $19,700 for Democratic statewide primary
- $41,000 for a statewide general election
- $6,500 for a Senate primary
- $10,300 for a Senate general election
- $4,100 for an Assembly primary
- $4,100 for an Assembly general election