Hurry up and get your political internships. The 2013 citywide races are only two years away.
Via Jobs That Are Left:
A New York City Democratic candidate is seeking interns for the Fall semester. This is a chance to become directly involved in New York City politics and take part in a growing citywide campaign. You will have the opportunity to get to know the candidate and work closely with finance staff.
– Compile research on prospective donors
– Prepare briefing information for the candidate on issues and individuals
– Assist finance team in processing and tracking contributions and pledges
– Provide assistance in organizing and executing fundraising events
– Help with administrative duties
This is an unpaid internship, but college credit is available. We are looking for individuals who can work at least 2-3 days a week, with a commitment of 15-20 hours per week.
To Apply: Please email your resume, a cover letter and a description of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org