New York's 10 Hottest Halloween Events To Die For

Where: Waldorf Astoria
When: Friday, October 28th, 6:00 p.m.
Why go?: Last year's guest list included Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kathy Griffin, Pink, Patty Smyth, Gloria Estefan, and Andre Leon Talley. It's worth the price of admission just to see what happens when all those people are in a room together.
Where: If you don't know by now, then we can't help you.
When: Forever, probably. Sundown?
Why go?: While OWS has no concrete Halloween event on its official schedule, you can be sure that there will be some treats for the 99%...and some tricks on the other remaining 1%. It will be interesting to see how costumes are dealt with, now that the NYPD has made it known that no one is allowed to wear masks.
Where: 80 Greenwich Street, at 3-Legged Dog
When: Sat, October 29,10:00 pm - 3:00 am
Why go?: For the clove-smoking art-lover in you, Storefront's spooky Halloween theme this year...BANALITY. Dress in your scariest interpertation of this concept and you could win prints from artists Dean Kaufman, Madelon Vriesendrop, and a drawing from Ryue Nishizawa. Be warned...competition will be heavy.
Where: Surrogate's Courthouse
Time:Sat, October 29, 9:00 pm - 1:00 am
Why go? A ghoulish bash with a cause...all proceeds go to the Mayor's Alliance for NYC Animals. Tickets start at $150 and you can't bring any pets in with you, but on the plus side you'll feel better knowing that the money is saving one more stray from becoming a ghost puppy.
Where: Escuelita
When: Sunday, October 30th, 7:00 p.m.
Why go?: Because it's the hippest Halloween-related party you're going to find on a Sunday night. Maybe you'll meet a star that can snag you a ticket to Heidi Klum or Miranda Kerr's gala for the following night.
Where: PH-D at Dream Downtown
When: Mon, October 31,8:00 pm - 2:00 am
Why go?: Ms. Klum is known for wearing outrageous outfits to her star-studded Halloween bashes, and this year she's got two great ones lined up. Plus, it will be fun to see how A-listers deals with former model protege Miranda Kerr's costume party happening at the same time. It's going to be a loooong Monday night.
Where: Catch Roof
When: Mon, October 31,8:00 pm - 4:00 am
Why go?: Besides the aformentioned battle of the models, Kerr's event is going to be her first, which means that's in addition to trying to outdo the seasoned supermodel, the Victoria Secret Angel will have to make sure her blowout is one the biggest blowout jaded New Yorkers have ever seen. We expect actual dead bodies...and Orlando Bloom.
Where: Dream Downtown – The Gallery
When: 10:00PM - ?
Why go?: It's the dirty hipster sibling of Klum's upstairs event, as party promoter Nur Khan throws one of his annual epic Halloween blowouts. Just don't dress like Zombie Paz de la Huerta...that's what she's going as. (Photo via Patrick McMullan)
Where: 6th Avenue from Spring Street to 16th Street
When: Monday, October 31st: 7:00pm - 10:30pm
Why go?: Because it's a New York institution, dammit! Also, giant Sexy Stewie float.
Where: McKittrick Hotel
When: Oct 27–31 at 7, 7:15, 7:30, 7:45, 8pm
Why go?: Because if you haven't seen 'Sleep No More' yet, you're running out of time. Punchdrunk's ghostly, interactive version of Macbeth is the most fun you'll have at the "theater" all year, and for Halloween, they're running different themes for attendees...including a full-blown Halloween masquerade, which we guess means that this weekend, you can bring your own masks.

Heidi Klum's Annual Halloween Party(Photo via Patrick McMullan)

You have a lot of options when it comes to Halloween parties in New York. From free parades to art shows to celebrity-hosted galas, it’s natural to feel overwhelmed. That’s why we’ve found 10 of the best parties over the next four days for you to pick and choose from. So if your taste runs in haute creature or is more hipster horrors, you’ll be sure to find something to suit your inner (sexy) monster.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker.

We get it: you like to have control of your own internet experience.
But advertising revenue helps support our journalism.

To read our full stories, please turn off your ad blocker.
We'd really appreciate it.

How Do I Whitelist Observer?

How Do I Whitelist Observer?

Below are steps you can take in order to whitelist on your browser:

For Adblock:

Click the AdBlock button on your browser and select Don't run on pages on this domain.

For Adblock Plus on Google Chrome:

Click the AdBlock Plus button on your browser and select Enabled on this site.

For Adblock Plus on Firefox:

Click the AdBlock Plus button on your browser and select Disable on

Then Reload the Page