With less than a week until Tuesday’s primary, former Highlands Mayor Anna Little has not yet filed the required federal paperwork for her 6th District Congressional run, according to online records and a spokeswoman for the Federal Election Commission.
A spokesman for the Republican challenger said the failure to file was an oversight and would be corrected immediately. Little initially filed paperwork in February for a U.S. Senate run, said her husband Rob Little, but when she pivoted to a congressional run, the account was never amended.
Rob Little said the proper paperwork would be filed prior to Tuesday’s primary.
Initially, a volunteer for the campaign told PolitickerNJ that Little had filed the proper paperwork nine months ago, but a backlog at the FEC was to blame. A spokeswoman for the FEC denied there was a backlog and said everything filed by the Little campaign had been processed by the agency.
Later, Rob Little clarified that the volunteer was mistaken and the paperwork had yet to be filed.
Little, who declared her candidacy in March, also has yet to file any fundraising reports for her bid. The latest report was due last week, but no record of the filing exists. Rob Little said fundraising reports also would be filed prior to the primary.
Little is facing Republican Ernesto Cullari in Tuesday’s primary for the chance to face Pallone. In 2010, Little ran a spirited campaign against the incumbent, but ultimately lost the race by double digits.
In April, Little closed her 2010 congressional account, leaving only the senate account open.
Little’s failure to file was first reported by MoreMonmouthMusings.com.