More than a dozen new subpoenas to be issued in Bridgegate investigation

TRENTON – State lawmakers are prepared to issue a fresh round of more than a dozen subpoenas in the ongoing investigation into the George Washington Bridge lane closure controversy, according to officials.

Members of the joint legislative committee investigating the so-called Bridgegate controversy announced after a more than two-hour-long closed meeting that a new round of subpoenas will be issued sometime either today or early Tuesday.

Lawmakers declined to provide details.

“We’re certainly not going to announce the service of process today,” said Assemblyman John Wisniewski, co-chairman of the joint investigatory committee.

The announcement was made after lawmakers serving on the committee spent more than two hours behind closed doors discussing the investigation.

Wisniewski said lawmakers had yet to sign the subpoenas and he was doubtful they would be issued before the end of the day.

Last month, the committee subpoenaed 20 people and organizations. The list included Christie’s chief of staff and pick to serve as the state’s Attorney General, Kevin O’Dowd, and the chairman of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, David Samson.

More than a dozen new subpoenas to be issued in Bridgegate investigation