Snooze York! New York Sleeps Later Than EVERY Other City

So much for the whole city that never sleeps thing

(Wikimedia Commons)
You are not welcome here. (Wikimedia Commons)

They say the early bird gets the worm, but who the hell wants the worm in a Big Apple?

The data lab over at Fivethirtyeight crunched some numbers, and found out New Yorkers on average get to work later than any other metro area in the United States. According to the study, the median time to arrive at work is 8:24 a.m.

This isn’t to say there aren’t any office suckups¬†early risers that make the rest of us look bad. On the other side of that median is about 25 percent who get to work by 7:28 in the morning. Of course, that leaves about 75 percent that only arrive by 9:32.

New York is joined in the top five by Atlantic City (8;23), San Jose (8:21), Ithaca (8:19, and also in New York state) and San Francisco (8:17).

On the opposite end of the spectrum are the metro areas with the most early birds. At the top of that list is Hinesville, Ga., with a median arrival time of 7:01 a.m.

So after all the data crunching, charts and eye-opening information, I think we and all New Yorkers have learned a valuable lesson.

Fuck living in Hinesville, Ga.





Snooze York! New York Sleeps Later Than EVERY Other City