TRENTON – The Senate Judiciary Committee has released the nominations of eight Essex County judges, bringing closure to a long standoff between Gov. Chris Christie and the Democratic-lead state Senate.
The nominees, each approved by the committee unanimously, will go on to fill long-standing vacancies in the county. Thirteen vacancies still remain in Essex, home to some of the most overburdened courthouses in the state.
“I expect in the future we’ll move nominations a lot quicker,” said state Sen. Ron Rice (D-28), who introduced Neil Jasey, one of today’s nominees.
The full list of nominees to the Superior Court include:
- Jeffrey B. Beachman of Short Hills
- Neil N. Jasey of South Orange
- Bahir Kamil of South Orange
- Linda Lordi Cavanaugh of West Orange
- Marcella Matos Wilson of West Caldwell
- Stephanie Ann Mitterhoff of Scotch Plains
- Marysol Rosero of Livingston
- Richard T. Sules of West Orange