The Polo Bar is the latest brainchild – and revenue stream – of Ralph Lauren’s billion dollar empire. Located adjacent to the brand’s new flagship store, the eatery could have easily been pegged as a tourist trap for 5th Avenue gawkers. Luckily, thanks to many soft launches packed to the gills with “friends of the brand,” it has instead become a must-visit clubhouse. Plus, the food is actually good, though you will have to call far in advance for a reservation – February is booked solid.
If you you haven’t planned ahead, here are the top five dishes for you to salivate over at The Polo Bar.
1. The Polo Bar Burger (pictured): Tomatoes, lettuce, onions, pickles, cheddar, and crispy bacon. $24.
2. Ralph’s Corned Beef Sandwich: Melted Swiss & Horseradish Coleslaw on Marble Rye. $22.
3. Tuna Tartare: Avocado, Mustard Greens & Crispy Shallots with Soy Ginger Dressing. $18.
4. Kale Caesar Salad: Freshly Grated Pecorino & Croutons, $15.
5. The Polo Bar Brownie: with Walnuts, served with Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream & Warm Chocolate Sauce. $12.