Strategic businesspeople don’t just take their midday meetings anywhere.There are a lot of factors that go into making a restaurant a prime power lunch location.
Bloomberg Custom Content teamed up with the vodka company elit by Stolichnaya to curate The Power Table Index, which identifies the most valuable real estate spaces where the most influential businesspeople across American cities close deals, maintain relationships and celebrate their business successes.
The list—which was created using proprietary Bloomberg data featured on DINE, an exclusive database offering reviews of the country’s best eateries—was revealed this afternoon at ABC Kitchen in Union Square by Ryan Serhant, the successful real estate broker and star of Bravo’s Million Dollar Listing New York.
“People who are doing deals in the middle of the day, they can’t sit down for hours,” Mr. Serhant told the Observer. “The restaurants are chosen not just for food or cocktail selections, but ambience, the size of the tables, the wait staff and noise. It’s very difficult to close a deal and negotiate if it’s too loud.”
Alas, here is the list:
- ABC Kitchen, New York, NY
- The Nomad Restaurant, New York, NY
- Casa Lever, New York, NY
- Bottega Louie, Los Angeles, CA
- Bouchon, Beverly Hills, CA
- Hinoki & the Bird, Los Angeles, CA
- Knife, Dallas, Texas
- R+D Kitchen, Dallas, Texas
- Nico Osteria, Chicago, IL
- C Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Butcher & Singer, Philadelphia, PA
- Le Cheri, Philadelphia, PA
- Charlie Palmer Steak DC, Washington, DC
- Fiola, Washington, DC
- Zuma, Miami, FL
- Matador Room, Miami Beach, FL
- WayfareTavern, San Francisco, CA
- Roka Akor, San Francisco, CA
- Post 390, Boston, MA
- Met Back Bay, Boston, MA
Mr. Serhant said he’s been to most of the restaurants and that he isn’t surprised by which made the cut.
“Each one is basically the perfect storm,” he said.