On October 26, Microsoft (MSFT) will open the doors of its first ever flagship store, a five-floor, 22,269-square-foot space located at 677 Fifth Avenue (between 53rd Street and 54th Street) in Manhattan.
To celebrate this inaugural event, the tech company is hosting a slew of events and even donating more than $3 million in software and technology grants to NYC tech and education non-profits based in all five NYC boroughs.
The following organizations are recipients:
- All Star Code (Manhattan)
- Power My Learning (Manhattan)
- We Connect the Dots (Manhattan)
- Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship (Manhattan)
- National September 11 Memorial Museum (Manhattan)
- New York Botanical Garden (Bronx)
- Per Scholas (Bronx)
- WhedCo (Bronx)
- Brooklyn Academy of Music (Brooklyn)
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum (Brooklyn)
- Directions for our Youth (Brooklyn)
- New York Hall of Science (Queens)
- Staten Island Children’s Museum (Staten Island)
- Staten Island MakerSpace (Staten Island)
In addition, the store will also recognize the work done by the local organizations at the grand opening, and then honor them again later that evening at a community concert featuring Pitbull at Rockefeller Center. The first 1,000 customers who visit the store on opening day will receive complimentary tickets and also be able to score great deals on products like Surface and Xbox.