Art Basel is a bit too hectic to be a true vacation, but just indulgent enough to eschew your regular routine. Anyone who lives, or vacations, in Miami knows that the fitness focus is pure fun. There’s yoga on the beach, dance classes that are somewhere between Zumba and a night club and stand up paddle board yoga to truly activate your core.
Now that ClassPass has landed in Miami you can use your go-to fitness tool to book classes immediately. If you’re worried about traffic, simply hop on a yacht in your gear. Whether you’re looking for a workout experience you can only find in South Florida or simply don’t want to lose your moving mojo (especially post-Thanksgiving) these are the must-try workouts for Art Basel 2015.
1. Vixen Workout: If clubbing is how you burn calories, Vixen Workout combines moves from the Miami club scene with choreography from your favorite artists. It’s a women’s only class where #VixenArmy newbies burn 400 to 600 calories and “veteran vixens” burn over 1000 calories in an hour.
2. Equinox Pop Up: If you’re an Equinox devotee, you won’t want to miss their pop up collaboration with The Surf Lodge and Sakara at The Hall on the pool deck. On Wednesday, December 2 and Friday December 4 from 10 to 10:45am they’re hosting vinyasa yoga for those who want their own private retreat. On Thursday, December 3 from 10 to 10:45am you can unleash your inner Fight Club with a music-driven boxing class. After all their workouts they’re giving out a Sakara lunch and goody bags.
3. SUP Yoga with Claudia Bustillos: While stand up paddle boarding yoga exists in other tropical locations, Miami’s calm water makes it the perfect place to attempt it. Managing already difficult yoga poses while balancing on a glorified boogie board is said to increase core strength and agility. Plus, you’ll end up with a killer tan.
4. Juice and Yoga at The Standard: A post-Thanksgiving juice cleanse that just happens to overlap with Art Basel is exactly what you need. At The Standard you can purchase their “Press Rewind” package for a juice cleanse that comes with six daily blends, along with unlimited yoga classes from star instructors.
5. The Flying Trapeze School: If circus activities are your favorite and you’ve already tried all the aerial classes New York has to offer, it’s time to move on to an actual trapeze. The Instagram shots are sure to be artsy. If you’re not quite sure about flying, there’s a beginner’s class. Maybe you won’t return to New York at all and you’ll run away and join the circus.