Here it is, the New Jersey Chamber of Commerce’s annual Walk to Washington.
PolitickerNJ reporters will be on the Amtrak train, at the bar in the Marriott Wardman Hotel, in attendance at the ballroom dinner, and scattered among the various parities citywide, at each juncture supplying a steady diet of news blurbs.
The Chamber shared these fun facts about this year’s trip:
- 900 people registered for the 79th annual Walk to Washington and Congressional Dinner, most of whom will be taking our chartered train from Newark to D.C. It makes stops at train stations in New Jersey, Philadelphia and Wilmington, Del.
- People enter (or board) the event in seven different places over three states and the District.
- There are 13 cars on the train, and it has become a tradition for riders to try to reach both ends of the train before reaching D.C., no easy feat in the crowded aisles of this train.
- The train leaves Newark at 11:35 a.m. and arrives in D.C. at around 3:30 p.m.
- The N.J. Chamber’s cocktail reception starts at 5 p.m. on the second floor foyer in front of the ballroom entrance at the Marriott Wardman.
- The dinner begins at 7 p.m. in the Grand Ballroom.