I have never seen Halt and Catch Fire. I know that Lee Pace is in it, and that it’s called Halt and Catch Fire. It has recently come to my attention that it has something to do with computers. I reject that information.
Policemen say, “Halt.” No one involved in computers ever says, “Halt.” This is not up for negotiation.
In my mind, here are the possibilities for what a show called ‘Halt and Catch Fire’ is about:
- A police procedural exactly like Law and Order, except all of the crimes are arson themed.
- Like, Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, but instead of sex crimes they’re all arson crimes.
- A gritty show about a rivalry between a police station and a fire department.
- A policeman who is also an arsonist.
- An ensemble drama about a police station in the 90’s. Like Brooklyn 99, but no jokes.
- Lee Pace as an arson detective.
- Lee Pace as the guy who goes to schools and teaches kids all about stop, drop, and roll.
- A cool gang of arsonists.
- A cool gang of drug addicts who are also arsonist detectives.
There are no other options. I refuse to watch this show.