If you’re on a tricky diet, it can be really hard to resist those urges to have extra snacks in between meals. It’s not easy to suppress your appetite in situations like that.
Here though, we have five appetite-suppressing supplements that not only work but are all made with natural, safe ingredients.
Best Appetite Suppressant: Top 5 Brands
Today, we’re going to check out five popular supplements that can potentially help you suppress unwanted feelings of hunger. These products are PhenQ, Leanbean, FAB CBD oil, Zotrim, and Instant Knockout.
These products can be divided into two main types: dietary supplements (PhenQ, Zotrim, and Instant Knockout) and CBD oil (FAB CBD). The difference between each type lies in their main active ingredients.
The three dietary supplements tend to use ingredients that are different but still pretty similar to each other, while the two CBD oils contain basically the exact same ingredients.
But don’t worry about figuring it out on your own. In this article, we’ll give you a review of each appetite suppressant we just listed. We’ll tell you what the product is all about, what goes into each product, how to use each product, and where to get all of them.
1. PhenQ – Best Overall & Highest Quality
First up on our list of appetite suppressants is PhenQ. PhenQ is made and distributed by Wolfson Berg Limited, a company based primarily in Australia.
PhenQ is advertised as a supplement for anyone wanting to burn more fat, suppress their appetite, boost their energy levels, and improve their overall mood.
It’s similar to both Zotrim and Instant Knockout in this regard. These three supplements share a few of their key ingredients as well.
- Capsimax – Capsimax is a branded extract. It contains capsaicin, which is the substance in hot peppers like chilies and jalapenos that makes them spicy. Capsaicin is a thermogenic substance, which means it causes your body to produce heat. It’s also good for your metabolic function, and it helps your body use more of its stores of fat.
- Chromium picolinate – This is just one of many varieties of the element chromium, which everyone needs to eat trace amounts of for general health purposes. Chromium helps your body’s cells absorb more sugar, which helps prevent you from feeling cravings for sugar and carbs.
- Caffeine – Caffeine is a stimulant that you can find in many food items like coffee, chocolate, and many kinds of soda. Because it’s so good at giving you energy, it’s a very common additive to weight loss supplements and energy drinks. Aside from increasing your energy and alertness levels, it’s also a mild appetite suppressant in and of itself.
- Nopal cactus fiber – All types of cactus fiber are known to be great at helping people lose weight. In general, Fiber is good at suppressing your appetite because your body can’t really digest it, meaning it fills you up for longer. Also, cactus fiber helps prevent your body from absorbing excess dietary fat.
- L-Carnitine fumarate – L-Carnitine is one of the many amino acids found in your body. It helps your body use more of its fat stores as fuel, which can help stop you from feeling hungry as often. This version of L-Carnitine is produced synthetically.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in PhenQ on their Official Website.
How Does It Work?
PhenQ is marketed as a thermogenic supplement. Thermogenic refers to thermogenesis, the process of your body generating heat. Your body burns more fat as it heats up, which can help you lose weight.
The main ingredient that suppresses your appetite in PhenQ is the cactus fiber. Aside from simply keeping you full for longer, cactus fiber is able to prevent your body from taking in too much fat.
It does this because the fat molecules get stuck to the cactus fiber, and then both substances pass through your digestive system without being processed.
The caffeine in PhenQ can also slightly suppress your appetite, and the chromium also does its part to stop your cravings for carbs and sugar.
Here’s the list of benefits you can get by taking PhenQ, as claimed by the manufacturer:
- Lose lots of fat – PhenQ contains ingredients that help you burn more of the fat you already have, but it also helps your body stop producing more fat to begin with.
- Suppress your appetite – Ingredients like fiber, caffeine, and chromium help keep you full and prevent you from craving snacks between meals.
- Raise your energy levels – Dieting can often cause your energy levels to drop, so ingredients like caffeine are there to make sure you’re feeling alert throughout the day.
- Heighten your mood – With the drop-in energy levels can also come with a drop in your mood. The ingredients in PhenQ have mild mood-enhancing effects to make sure your diet isn’t bumming you out.
- Vegetarian/vegan-friendly – PhenQ is made for all-natural, completely vegetarian/vegan ingredients.
One daily serving of PhenQ is two pills. The manufacturer recommends taking one PhenQ pill with breakfast and the other with lunch.
Since PhenQ contains caffeine, the manufacturer strongly recommends you to not exceed the normal daily dosage. Consuming too much caffeine can cause issues like disrupted sleeping patterns, and you can even develop a caffeine dependency if you have too much of it.
Some people are sensitive to caffeine, and if that’s the case for you, then you should limit how much coffee or other caffeinated drinks you have in a day. Even if you’re not sensitive, you should consider cutting back on other caffeine sources if you’re taking PhenQ.
Where to Buy?
You can buy PhenQ from the official PhenQ website. One month’s supply of PhenQ, which is 60 pills, will run you $70. You can also buy up to three bottles of PhenQ at once, at which point you will receive two extra bottles for free.
PhenQ also comes with a 67-day money-back guarantee, and if you’re ordering from the U.K., you can potentially be eligible for free next-day delivery.
You can order PhenQ from anywhere else in the world too, and you will still be eligible for free delivery, although it won’t be next-day delivery.
2. Leanbean – Best Appetite Suppressant for Women
Leanbean is the preferred choice for many women.
Over the years, this appetite suppressant has built a large and incredibly devoted customer base.
The formula has helped thousands of women worldwide, including professional athletes, to boost their weight loss efforts.
The major benefit of this formula is the massive 3g daily dose of glucomannan, a special type of dietary fibre that’s been legally approved for weight loss claims in Europe.
- Glucomannan (3g serving) – The roots of a plant called konjac contain a fiber that expands when exposed to
water, making it a popular ingredient for appetite suppressant supplements. This ingredient has recently been sanctioned by the FDA to have a beneficial health effect.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 – The B-vitamins are noted for their contributions to energy-yielding metabolism, and effective in helping to reduce tiredness and fatigue.
- Zinc (11mg/serving) – This mineral contributes to your body’s metabolic processes, helping carbs and fatty acids to be more efficiently transported, stored, and burned.
- Choline (82.5mg/serving) – Our bodies aren’t able to produce enough choline by themselves, so supplementing this compound is a great way to support its role in normal fat metabolism.
- Green coffee bean (50mg/serving) –Before they’re roasted, coffee beans are green. They also contain more antioxidants and are less potent in terms of caffeine. Leanbean includes green coffee beans so as not to give you an unpleasant stimulant hit.
- Turmeric (50mg/serving) – This spice is famed for its warming properties, and it’s thought that it may encourage thermogenesis in your body. This process raises your internal temperature slightly, promoting more calories being burned.
How Does it Work?
Leanbean has at its core 3g of dietary fibre glucomannan, and this ingredient provides a strong foundation in appetite suppression, by helping you to feel full more quickly than you would otherwise, the glucomannan in Leanbean should aid in reducing your calorie intake.
This effect is backed up by a suite of vitamins, minerals, and natural extracts designed to support in a number of ways:
- Support your body’s metabolism, helping it to burn fat more efficiently.
- Provide a natural energy boost to help you exercise harder and for longer, whilst avoiding the negative side effects that come with high caffeine products.
- Boosts your internal temperature slightly through thermogenesis, giving your body another gentle nudge toward burning more calories than it would otherwise.
Leanbean has been formulated with women in mind. It’s designed to support the female body by helping you optimize vitamin levels, whilst also avoiding high levels of caffeine found in male-oriented supplements.
Here’s the complete list of the benefits you may get from taking Leanbean:
- Fewer cravings – The ingredients in Leanbean work by absorbing some of the
waterin your stomach and then naturally swelling in size to make you feel more full.
- Burn fat with less stimulants – Leanbean supports your metabolism with caffeine alternatives such as choline and turmeric. Meaning this supplement is better suited to the needs of women.
- Greater energy – Having more energy during exercise is the best way to see quick results. This formula includes a Vitamin B complex in order to help you reduce fatigue and optimize your efforts.
- No pseudoscience – Unlike its competitors Leanbean uses large doses of glucomannan, this dietary fiber has been legally approved for weight loss by European food regulators.
- Over 100,000 happy customers – If you are looking to buy Leanbean you will be in good company with over 100,000 bottles sold across the globe.
Each daily dose of Leanbean contains six pills: Two to be taken with each meal. You should watch down each dose with a glass or two of
Leanbean is designed to deliver 3 separate 1g doses of glucomannan, this is the precise amount legally approved for weight loss by the EFSA.
Where to Buy?
You can get Leanbean from the official company website. One bottle costs $59.99, and this contains 180 capsules: Enough for a month’s supply.
There are also generous multibuy discounts available when you buy, with the Bikini Body Bundle costing just $189 for four bottles. That’s one whole month’s supply free.
If you’ve tried Leanbean alongside regular exercise and a healthy diet for 90 days and remain unsatisfied with the results, they’re happy to offer a full money-back guarantee.
3. Zotrim – Best Value
Zotrim is the second dietary supplement we’ll be taking a look at. Much like PhenQ, Zotrim is marketed towards the general public, for people who just want an effective supplement that can help them lose some weight.
Several of the ingredients in Zotrim’s formula can be found in many other dietary supplements. However, it differs from the other two dietary supplements on this list in that it doesn’t have any ingredients that are a major source of fiber.
- Yerba mate leaf extract – The leaves of the yerba mate plant have long been used in South America as a way to relieve fatigue and promote weight loss, among other things. Typically, the leaves are brewed into a tea. Like black tea, yerba mate contains caffeine, which gives you a boost of energy and suppresses your appetite a little.
- Guarana extract – Like yerba mate, guarana also comes from a South American plant. In this case, the seeds are used to make this ingredient. Guarana seeds contain about four times as much caffeine as coffee beans, making it a very potent stimulant. It’s for this reason that guarana is a popular ingredient in energy drinks.
- Damiana leaf – Damiana is a plant that grows in subtropical regions like the southern U.S., the Caribbean, and Central America. It’s mostly known for being a natural aphrodisiac, but it’s also used to treat some mental issues like depression.
- Vitamin B3 – Vitamin B3 is good for your health for a number of reasons. It may help protect your brain from degenerative diseases like Parkinson’s and prevents conditions like strokes from happening.
- Vitamin B6 – You can find Vitamin B6 in many ubiquitous food items, like bananas, potatoes, chickpeas, poultry, and fish. You absolutely need vitamin B6 if you want your brain to develop normally.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in Zotrim on their Official Website.
How Does It Work?
Zotrim contains a decent amount of caffeine (about 75 mg/serving), so that definitely goes a long way when it comes to suppressing your appetite. The caffeine will also step your energy levels up, which will help keep you active and alert.
The damiana leaf has a mood-enhancing effect, which can also help put you in a more positive state of mind and prevent you from potentially stress-eating.
Vitamin B3 and B6 can also help suppress your appetite because they help convert more of the food you eat into usable energy. This, of course, can help you stave off feelings of hunger, and stop you from feeling tired if you’re cutting back on your calorie consumption.
Here are all the benefits of taking Zotrim that the manufacturer lists:
- Keeps you full for longer – In clinical trials for Zotrim, people who took a placebo with food had the food remain in their stomachs for an average of 38 minutes, while the people who took Zotrim saw an average of 58 minutes.
- Stops you from eating as much – Not only does it keep you full for longer, Zotrim stops you from eating as much food to begin with. You’ll find yourself eating less food at each meal and snacking less frequently.
- Gives you more energy – The caffeine content in Zotrim will provide you with a nice boost of energy and help keep you focused on what you need to get done.
- Increases the effects of exercise – If you take Zotrim before exercising, you’ll be able to use more of the energy found in your fat.
- Works on its own – Zotrim is definitely more effective at helping you lose weight if you have a diet and exercise plan, but even without any of that, you’ll still be able to see noticeable weight-loss.
The manufacturer recommends that you take two or three Zotrim pills with
It’s probably not a good idea to take more than nine pills a day, considering the caffeine content in each serving. Consuming caffeine late in the day has a greater chance of disrupting your sleep.
Depending on the size of your meal, you should also consider scaling down the size of your dose.
Where to Buy?
You can get Zotrim through the official Zotrim web store. One container of Zotrim contains a month’s worth of doses, which seems to be a common detail of most of these dietary supplements.
A single container will cost you $50, which makes it the least expensive dietary supplement on this list (per individual container). You can order six months’ worth of Zotrim for $200, which seems like a pretty good deal.
Zotrim offers a 100-day money-back guarantee. However, this guarantee only applies to purchases of more than a month’s worth of Zotrim.
Zotrim is available for purchase worldwide.
4. FAB CBD Oil – Natural Supplement to Control Hunger
FAB CBD oil is the first CBD oil we’ll be reviewing today. FAB’s oil is available in four different levels of potency, and each of those potency levels is available in five flavors: citrus, mint, vanilla, berry, and natural.
These oils contain extracts that use the whole plant and are full spectrum. There is only one container size of oil available, which is 30 ml (although how long this amount will last you depends on how you use it). These oils are often used for treating issues like chronic soreness and insomnia, and can also help to suppress your appetite.
- Hemp extract – This extract is derived from organically-grown industrial hemp farmed in Colorado. Hemp extract is similar to CBD oil, except it’s only taken from the seeds, while CBD oil uses more of the whole plant.
- Full-spectrum CBD oil – What “full-spectrum” means is that it contains all of the cannabinoids that occur naturally in cannabis. As well as containing CBD, these oils also have very small amounts of THC (but not enough to make you feel high).
- Terpenes – Terpenes are aromatic oils found in cannabis and many other different types of plants. Different kinds of terpenes result in different tastes and smells of cannabis products.
- Natural flavorings – FAB CBD Oil can be bought in a variety of flavors, including citrus, mint, vanilla, and berry.
- Medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) – MCTs are one of the several types of healthy fats that your body needs. MCTs help improve the health of the bacteria in your gut that you need for digestion, and they can help prevent obesity.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in FAB’s CBD Oil on their Official Site.
How Does It Work?
You would think that CBD oil would be more likely to actually make you hungrier since one of the usual effects of using cannabis products is getting “the munchies.” However, CBD oils are quite different from regular cannabis in a few ways.
Because the THC levels in CBD oil are so low, taking CBD oil doesn’t affect your brain in the same way that smoking cannabis does. In fact, it’s thought that CBD actually blocks some of the receptors in your brain that are responsible for receiving signals related to your metabolism and your appetite.
Some people also tend to stress-eat when they’re feeling down or anxious, and in such cases, CBD oil can suppress your appetite by simply helping you feel more relaxed.
These are some of the benefits you can get from taking FAB CBD oil.
These benefits are pretty much the same across all brands of CBD oil:
- Pain relief – Cannabis products have been used for their pain-relieving effects for thousands of years. CBD is able to interact with a part of the brain that regulates things like appetite and pain response and can help treat both chronic and acute pain.
- Helps balance mood – Mental disorders like anxiety and depression are ultimately caused by a chemical imbalance in your brain. CBD is capable of activating your brain’s serotonin receptors, which can have positive effects on your overall mood.
- Good for your heart – CBD oil can potentially lower your blood pressure, which is often caused by heightened anxiety levels. It can also reduce oxidative stress on your heart cells and help prevent heart damage.
- Good for focus – Anxiety and depression can significantly affect your ability to concentrate on tasks. Unlike regular cannabis, which can make you feel loopy and confused after using it, CBD oil helps you relax without affecting your ability to focus.
Because CBD oil contains little to no THC, you can take as much of it as you want as frequently as you want with no fear of experiencing any impairment. You can take it as a daily supplement, or just take it whenever you feel like you particularly need it.
We would recommend you try and be conservative with your doses; not because you’ll experience negative effects, but because the bottles are very small, and you can use up a whole one quite fast if you’re not careful.
On the other hand, you may need to take a larger dose if smaller ones aren’t affecting you at all.
Some other tips we have are not to touch the dropper containing the CBD to your lips or tongue, and to consider mixing your CBD oil in with another drink if you don’t like the taste of it.
Where to Buy?
You can buy FAB CBD oil from FAB’s website. The price of each container depends on what potency you choose to buy. Potencies range from 300 mg of CBD/bottle to 2400 mg of CBD/bottle, and prices range from $39/bottle to $129/bottle.
If you want to return a product, you’ll have 30 days from the day of purchase to do so. If you ordered more than one container of any item, you won’t qualify for a refund if you open more than one container of that item.
FAB CBD oil can be shipped anywhere worldwide.
5. Instant Knockout – Best for Cutting Fat (Thermogenic)
Instant Knockout is targeted at bodybuilders and other athletic people who want a supplement that can give them a little bit of a performance upgrade.
It has a relatively longer list of ingredients than some of the other products we’ve talked about so far, but these ingredients may give you some additional health benefits aside from just being able to suppress your appetite.
- Green tea extract (500 mg/serving) – Green tea is very healthy for you. It has polyphenols, a type of nutrient that’s great at helping you manage your weight. It can treat digestive and cardiovascular issues, and it’s also filled with antioxidants.
- Cayenne pepper seeds (100 mg/serving) – These seeds contain capsaicin, which, as we’ve mentioned, can help you lose weight in a few ways.
- Glucomannan (1800 mg/serving) – Glucomannan is fiber. Like the cactus fiber, we listed in the formula for PhenQ, glucomannan fiber helps keep you feeling full for a long period of time and stops your body from absorbing too much fat and sugar.
- Vitamin B6 (5 mg/serving)
- Vitamin B12 (10 mcg/serving) – Vitamin B12 is also a very common vitamin that is found in fish, poultry, red meat, and anything containing dairy. You need vitamin B12 in order to maintain your body’s most critical functions, which include producing new red blood cells and producing DNA. You also need it for your nerves to work correctly and for your cells to metabolize energy.
- Caffeine powder (300 mg/serving)
- GTF Chromium (100 mcg/serving) – This is another type of chromium you can find in some dietary supplements. GTF means “gluten tolerance factor.” What’s different between GTF chromium and other varieties of chromium is that GTF chromium is able to be absorbed by your body more efficiently.
- Zinc (10 mg/serving) – Zinc is a mineral that is found in a massive variety of food items. It often occurs naturally in food but is sometimes added as a supplementary mineral. Zinc helps your body process more carbs, fats, and proteins, which can help you feel less hungry.
- Piperine (10 mg/serving) – Piperine is derived from black peppercorns. Piperine is able to enhance the effectiveness of other active ingredients in your bloodstream. It helps your body absorb more of the healthy ingredients in Instant Knockout. Piperine is sometimes sold under the branded name Bioperine.
- Green coffee bean extract (100 mg/serving) – These are just normal coffee beans that have not been roasted and are in their raw, natural state. Green coffee beans contain a substance called chlorogenic acid, which helps prevent you from gaining weight.
Click here to See the Full List of Ingredients in Instant Knockout on their Official Website.
How Does It Work?
Instant Knockout can definitely help you suppress your appetite and help you lose weight, but it’s marketed more as a supplement for bodybuilding.
Ingredients like glucomannan in particular work to stop you from feeling hungry so soon after eating, because of all the dietary fiber it contains. Other ingredients that help your body use more fuel like carbs and fat can also make a difference in your appetite.
Basically, this supplement makes you feel less hungry by helping your body make the most of its stores of fat and sugar and filling you up more after you eat.
If you’re eating a lot less than you normally would be, you can sometimes start to feel lethargic. Instant Knockout can help you fight these feelings of lethargy because it contains some stimulating ingredients.
Here’s the complete list of the benefits you can get from taking Instant Knockout:
- Increased metabolic rate – Increased metabolic rate helps your body burn more fat, even when you’re not being physically active. The more energy and fat you can burn, the more weight you will lose.
- Fewer hunger pangs – Instant Knockout helps your body burn more fat instead of storing it. When your body is craving fat and sugar to store, instead of to use, you’ll find yourself feeling hungry more often. Instant Knockout gets your body to start using more of its own fat, stopping you from feeling hungry after you finish eating.
- More energy – Instant Knockout is mainly intended for athletes and bodybuilders, and the energy boost that you get from ingredients like caffeine is intended to help you power through an intense workout.
- All-natural ingredients – Instant Knockout is made entirely from vitamins, minerals, and plant-based ingredients that are all-natural and proven to have numerous health benefits.
Each daily dose of Instant Knockout consists of four pills. You should take each pill separately at different times of the day.
Take one pill first thing in the morning when you wake up, take the second pill shortly before lunchtime, take the third pill in between your lunch and dinner. Then take the fourth pill shortly before dinner.
Unlike some dietary supplements for muscle gain and weight loss, you don’t necessarily have to exercise all the time to see some of the positive effects of Instant Knockout.
Where to Buy?
You can get Instant Knockout from the product’s official website. One bottle of Instant Knockout, which contains a month’s supply of capsules, costs $59.
You can also order two containers, which come with free shipping (but only for orders in the United States. or the U.K.), or three containers, which come with both free shipping and an extra free container (for a total of four).
You can get a tracking number for your order. Also, it offers a 90-day money-back guarantee. So, if you have any issues with your order, you can return it.
How Did We Evaluate These Products?
When writing about these products, we were, unfortunately, unable to review these products firsthand, so we spent the time to research each product and the ingredients they contain to discover whether or not these products are worth your time and money.
Here are the different criteria we looked at when deciding how we were going to evaluate these products:
- What the manufacturer claimed about the product’s benefits
- The list of ingredients in each product
- Whether or not this product used many artificial ingredients
- Cost of each product
Who Should Use Appetite Suppressants?
Most people who use appetite suppressants are people who just want to lose weight, either for health reasons or just to look a bit better. This is fine, but it’s important to only take safe amounts of appetite suppressants to avoid the possibility of suffering any negative effects.
You can sometimes get appetite suppressants prescribed to you, but you’re only able to do this if you have a medical condition that requires it, like severe morbid obesity, for example.
In general, people don’t really need appetite suppressants for medical reasons. There are a few disorders out there that can cause you to feel uncontrollable feelings of hunger constantly, but these disorders are incredibly rare.
What Ingredients Should You Look for in an Appetite Suppressant?
There’s a good deal of variety in the formulas that all of these appetite-suppressing supplements use, but there are some common ingredients that are particularly effective when used in this way.
Here’s what to look out for in other supplements so that you know they’ll work:
- Anything containing dietary fiber
- Caffeine (or ingredients containing caffeine)
- B-complex vitamins
- Full-spectrum CBD oil (in the case of CBD oils)
Beginner’s Guide to Appetite Suppressants
There’s a decent amount of variety between all of these appetite suppressing supplements, and the best way of using each one depends on what specific supplement you’re taking.
If you end up trying one of these supplements, regardless of which one, always make sure you follow the recommended instructions for use that the manufacturer provides.
And regardless of how safe any of these supplements may seem at first glance, you should always consult your doctor first before taking any supplement you haven’t tried yet.
You may have an allergy to one of the ingredients, or some other special dietary restriction you’re simply not aware of yet. Either way, a doctor can help you find out for sure if you’re good to be taking any of these supplements.
If you want a supplement to help keep those nagging feelings of hunger at bay, you could do far worse than anything here on this list.
With such a wide variety of supplements out there, you have a ton of choice when it comes to deciding which one is right for you. If you’re still stuck on where to start, PhenQ may just be the all-in-one solution. Hopefully, after reading this article, you’ll be a bit closer to reaching that decision!
The reviews and statements published here are those of the sponsor and do not necessarily reflect the official policy, position or views of Observer.