Have you noticed stains on your glassware or mineral layers on your
In some cases, limescale hampers plumbing systems, which results in recurrent maintenance. The best
Here’s everything you need to know about
- SpringWell FutureSoft – Best Salt Free
- SoftPro Elite –
WaterSoftener for Well Water
- SpringWell Salt-Based – Salt Based
Why Do You Need a
While these minerals are not a health threat in general, they can still pose severe issues around the home and business. Hard
Water Affects Pipes & Water Fixtures
When it comes to plumbing structures, limescale is the foremost culprit of damage. The higher the
Water Encourages Surface Stains
We also mentioned recurring stains. These are usually visible on various surfaces, like toilet bowls, tubs, and tiles. Minerals in the
Water Harms Skin & Hair
Your skin may suffer from hard
Sulfur smell is another disagreeable cause of hard
- Extend the life of your appliances – eliminate up to 99.9% of hard
- Well-functioning pipe systems – reduce your
waterand energy bills
- Free up your home surfaces from stains – save yourself hours of doing extensive cleaning
- Leave softer skin & fresher hair – wash both your skin and hair more effectively.
- Make your clothes softer – increase fabric longevity when it comes to fraying or fading & prevent stiff and dull laundry.
- Require less use of a cleanser – encourage a more efficient cleaning
Water Softeners for Hard Water
These products represent top-notch
The SpringWell FutureSoft has earned the title of the best salt-free
This machine is mounted on the main
Features & Benefits
SpringWell has been in the industry for over 20 years with a record of proven excellence. From their line of products to price range and customer service, SpringWell does exceptionally well across the board.
Easy Installation and Maintenance
DIYers will have no trouble setting up the
An installation kit is included with the tank. It comes with a sediment filter and pre-filter housing, a spanner wrench to tighten pipes and fittings, and a bypass valve. Additionally, you get a mounting bracket, O-ring, and MNPT fittings. Hence, you won’t need an urgent visit to the hardware store.
As for maintenance, there are no excessive costs you can expect. Monthly maintenance is not necessarily required – there is no salt to add and no cartridge to change. You only need to replace the filter once every year.
After receiving the product, buyers automatically get a six-month warranty period to help them decide if the salt-free
Moreover, SpringWell provides after-sales care and technical assistance. If you need expert help to install and/or maintain your unit, send a message or call the customer representative.
- 12 GPM
- Quality use of electricity &
- Get the health benefits of
watersince it doesn’t remove minerals
- Lifetime capacity
- Installation is easy and quick
- Maintenance is relatively low
- An environmentally friendly option
- Prolong the life of your appliances
- Offers a 6-month money-back guarantee
- Receive lifetime warranty on all parts
- It comes at a steep price
- Resin requires frequent replacement, which is quite a hassle
- You cannot get all the benefits of softened
watersince the minerals are preserved
The SpringWell FutureSoft
FutureSoft guarantees an entirely safe and natural
We love SoftPro’s efficiency and high-quality build, which is also pocket-friendly. It is the best-rated salt-based
Take advantage of the different grain capacities and user-friendly LCD screen. There are several modes to make the operation hassle-free. The process of purifying
And to make it even more appealing, this system uses an electronic flush setting to prevent bacteria from developing and spreading. If you want a low-maintenance
Features & Benefits
The SoftPro Elite offers eight different grain capacities – 24000, 32000, 40000, 48000, 64000, 80000, 96000, & 110000. If you have, let’s say, a family of four to five, you may choose the 48000-grain capacity to supply you with fresh
Different Filter Options
You get the chance to select which type of filtering technology to use. The filtered drinking
The KDFF media guard filter is a good alternative if you want to remove chlorine, bacteria, and hard metals in
The SoftPro Elite comes with a safety float that shuts the liquid off once the
Complete Package & Easy Installation
The device features a gigantic electronic LCD control screen, but the programming is pretty easy for people with plumbing knowledge. For extra assurance, you can always hire a plumber.
As for the package, several basic tools are included such as brine line, safety float, valve basket, brine tank, fine mesh resin, bypass valve, protective neoprene jacket, and support gravel.
Your purchase is protected with an amazing warranty. SoftPro offers up to a 10 year warranty on the control valve and a lifetime warranty on brine and mineral tanks. Quality
- Features compact, fiberglass design
- Manageable LCD display
- Huge grain capacity; available in different grain sizes
- Easy to install, operate, & maintain
- Prevent misuse of
- The tank can be purchased at a reasonable price range
- Quality customer service and support
- Limited lifetime warranty on all components
- Installing the tank can be somewhat complicated for beginners
- Base model not included
- Requires power connection and salt fill-up
With all the features and benefits, we can say that SoftPro Elite
SpringWell has recently introduced its traditional salt-based
A Connected Series bluetooth head is used to achieve
One of our favorite features of the SpringWell salt-based
Features & Benefits
You have until six months after the purchase to return the product if you are not delighted with its overall function. We suggest reading the warranty details thoroughly to avoid costly mistakes.
SpringWell is one of the few companies that dedicate time and effort to ensure you are getting what you paid for in quality. If you find LCD screens a bit tricky, the Legacy App can save your day.
Access everything with just a simple touch of your mobile or tablet screen. Maintaining a stable soft
Easy to Install
Installing the SpringWell Based-Salt
The filtration system is packed with an installation kit to reduce your total cost and encourage easy assembly. This includes a brine tank, hose clamp, electronic head, bypass valve, and a 50-inch drain line. A UV lamp is an excellent add-on because it can destroy all sorts of viruses and bacteria, such as E. coli.
- Certified components
- Available in different flow rates
- Better tasting drinks and foods
- Guarantees no limescale backlog
- Smoother, healthier skin
- Save money from fixture repairs and replacements
- Ideal for one to three bathrooms
- Benefit from fast and free shipping
- Up to 6 months money-back guarantee
- Offers a lifetime warranty on the tank and valves
- The tank comes at a posh price
- Laborious installation process
- You may need an extra charge to hire a plumber
SpringWell did not disappoint us with their salt-based
The cost is somewhat high and may not accommodate all pockets. Fortunately, the company offers a monthly installment plan for anyone interested in purchasing.
The Fleck 5600 SXT is one of the best salt-based machines you’ll find. It comes as a complete package and is ideal for residential and commercial properties with a medium to a very hard
We specifically like the Fleck 5600 SXT’s remarkable build quality and easy installation. You don’t need to acquire technical expertise or spend more cash hiring a handyman or specialized plumber. This machine is packed with essential features, too.
In addition to the colossal capacity tank, the Fleck 5600 also has 1.5 cubic feet of resin and salt brine alongside the safety float – with a tank dimension of 15 x 17 x 36. The LCD shows information about the unit status or if there are error codes.
Features & Benefits
One thing you will notice about the Fleck 5600 SXT is its high-end, sturdy design. It can serve your family for countless years and boasts an automated interface panel with diagnostic and innovative programming features.
When talking about value and longevity, Fleck is usually included on most buyer’s lists. It has a test kit you can use before and after installation to calculate
There will be no wild guesses on your part about what’s lacking or what’s happening inside the system. The integrated small LCD screen keeps you updated – and is located on the control head. It sends an error code whenever the unit faces an issue.
Don’t get intimidated by the touchpad. It’s as simple as using a remote control, but with an intuitive design. You can always rely on the user’s manual for point of reference.
Fleck’s metered regeneration system refreshes based on authentic usage. This means the flow meter tracks your
- Made in the USA, which secures top-class quality
- Completely removes mineral-containing
- The unit is certified by NSF
- Simple control, beginner-friendly
- First-rate technology
- High grain capacity, hence perfect for larger families
- It comes with a pre-loaded resin
- Get a lifetime warranty for the resin tank
- 5-year warranty for the control valve and a 10-year warranty for the tank
- Some owners had a tough time installing the system
- Since it is salt-based, you need to clean and maintain the unit from time to time
- The regeneration process wastes loads of
- It only comes with 8 percent resin
- Iron is not removed, so stains and buildup are still an issue
If you’re in the market for a lightweight, practical salt-based
It excels at removing deposits, sulfur, and rust up to 2ppm. We think it is a great bang for your buck, and could be an excellent addition to any household.
Pelican is another gigantic name in the
The Advantage Series Salt
The Advantage Series comes in two models – PS48 and PS80. The PS48 is good to use for one to three bathrooms, while the PS80 model can lodge four to six bathrooms. Both offer a lifetime warranty on the electronic head. They are capable of removing heavy chemicals as well as extra magnesium and calcium present in the
Features & Benefits
Sturdy, Cleaner Design
Neat design and powerful function are a superior combo, and Pelican’s Advantage Series knocks both out of the park. The chrome jacket over the machine provides a cleaner, slicker, and livelier appearance that’s hard to resist. It will look excellent on other household appliances and decors.
The safety float is an essential feature contained in the kit.
The Advantage Series Salt
These programmable buttons are user-friendly. They ensure efficient and quiet performance. You can set the control head for delayed or immediate regeneration.
Variety of Packages
The large-capacity tank is just one of the many items included in this package. You’ll also get a brine tank along with the drain line and safety float, bypass valve, one-inch fittings, and of course, an instruction manual.
- Attain a cleaner, brighter appearance that can complement any household décor
- Treated regeneration cycle & metered delayed backwash
- Large tank capacity with programmable settings
- A very effective
- Setting up and using the tank is simple – you don’t even have to call a plumber
waterin your home for the coming years
- The set includes everything you need to complete the installation job
- Discounted rates to lighten the overall cost
- Automatically receive replacement filters once you join the
WaterShield Autoship Club offered by the company
watersoftener is a bit heavy on the wallet
- Users complain that the lifetime warranty is not genuine. Your investment will only get covered for a maximum of 12 years
All in all, the Pelican Advantage Series Salt
Installation is trouble-free since the instructions are well-specified. Either challenge your DIY skills by doing the work alone or pay additional cash and let a skilled person complete the installation.
The Pelican Advantage Series Salt
As its name suggests, salt-free
The perks of salt-free softeners include retaining the nutritional value of minerals and using less electricity. Most models are reasonably priced. You don’t need meticulous installation and maintenance either.
But since the
Also known as Ion Exchange Softener, it is the most popular type of
Salt-based softeners are proven to be effective at protecting faucets, home appliances, and skin. It won’t leave any traces of minerals and calcium. The added salt is only in a minimal amount, and you won’t even notice it at all.
One drawback we found is that you need to recharge the resin with salt at least once per week. It is also not suitable if you’re practicing a low-salt diet. Most salt-based softeners are full-sized compared to magnetic or salt-free, so you will need ample space to own one.
If you’re living in a small home or apartment, a magnetic
This option relies on the operative use of a magnetic field to neutralize the
While it is not as effective as salt-based options for cleansing
One tank contains resin, while another tank is where you create a brine. This option is specifically created for those with high
That means you can still enjoy soft
Furthermore, this option has a premium price tag and requires in-depth maintenance. But as we have indicated, you can use it to handle more
How to Choose Your
Now that you know bits and pieces about the different types of
First, how do you classify hard
For the US, 3.5 to 7 grains per gallon is considered moderately hard, 7 to 10.5 grains per gallon is hard
The machine’s capacity refers to the number of grains per week that it can store before completely refilling.
Also, note that it is not only about how small or large your area is. The harder your
But sometimes, the kit doesn’t provide an accurate result. Another option is sending a
First, you have to measure the area where you plan to install the unit. Most companies indicate their installation specifications online or along with the product.
If space is not an issue, you can opt for a salt-based or dual tank machine. Though, some salt-free models do not take up too much room. Magnetic softeners, on the other hand, use the smallest amount of space.
Particularly for salt-based softening units, the device needs to energize or restore once it runs out of salt. Here, you have two options – time salt or metered.
This feature may seem to have no value, but the valve allows you to access hard
NSF International &
Other extra features may draw your interest, but obviously, they come at an additional cost. For example, some
There’s also a DIR, or demand-initiated regeneration, that detects if the resin bed requires replacement. This can help you conserve more
Installation and Maintenance Cost
The costs of installing and maintaining a
How to Install Your
If you love a good challenge, then you may want to include
Let’s walk through the fundamental steps:
- First, of course, make sure you have all the supplies and parts required for the installation. Purchase the accessories at a local store beforehand. Don’t forget to use a clean and safe working area.
- Switch off the primary
watersupply, the power, and the waterheater electricity. Drain the pipes.
- Determine where you want to install the
watersoftener alongside the mainline. Be sure it is well protected from the cold, waterfloods, and any rough weather conditions.
- Get a copper or PVC cutter to slice into the mainline. Cut only a small section to create two open ends.
- Install three valves on the pipes. The first valve is to prevent
waterfrom entering your watersoftening system, another to prevent waterfrom going out of the machine, and the last one is a bypass control valve.
- Use plastic tubing (with a preferable measurement of 3/8 inches) to attach the resin tank and brine tank.
- Now, use your hose clamp to merge the drain line and drain elbow.
- Lastly, link the release pipe to the wastewater drain.
Some machines require stuffing the brine tank with salt and
Check for the programming schedule and the accurate cycle of backwashing the
Conclusion: Should You Get a
These products are guaranteed to address many
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase products through these links Observer may earn a commission.